|Job Ref:||204707704||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Somerset||Address:||Post Code:||BS26||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum plus excellent benefits package||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Project Manager - Defence Communications|
Due to internal promotion the post of Project Manager has arisen within this successful company in Somerset. You will have excellent working knowledge of Project Management, Risk Management, Stakeholder Management, Bid Management and Business Financial reporting. You will have at least 5 years' experience working in the commercial defence environment. This is an exciting opportunity for a PM looking for a new challenge and direction in their career.
Based in Somerset
Salary £40k - £50k
Working hours Monday to Friday 37.5 Hours
Excellent Company Benefits package including good work life balance with the ability to work flexi hours, Pension and Health Care Schemes.
A project management role within the Communications Division reporting to the External Communications Programme Manager. You will lead and manage a large project whilst ensuring excellent customer relationships, supporting bids and assuring consistent project delivery.
Customer and subcontractor facing as well as being the in-house point of contact for complex communication projects;
Bid management support to develop further opportunities through existing contract change notes, new enquiries and bids;
Project management support to the communications business as required or directed to support the business needs;
Effective leadership for staff working on your projects or areas of responsibility;
Ensure there is appropriate development of staff working on your allocated projects;
Engender a shared purpose focussed on achievement of agreed goals and create a team spirit;
You will be expected to work individually and within a multi-disciplined team environment to meet programme objectives and satisfy customer requirements and business objectives in a timely and appropriate manner.
The jobholder will be expected to:
• Achieve budgeted performance of allocated projects, monitor progress against target providing detailed forecast updates, initiate actions to maintain or exceed budgeted revenue, gross margin, and cash performances and effectively manage all associated Risks and Opportunities.
• Stakeholder Management: to maintain and develop cooperative and constructive relationships with customer, suppliers and company skills leads to maximise the opportunities for Communications Systems.
• Project delivery: ensure projects are planned and executed in accordance with the Company Management System (CMS).
• Support to business development: work with the business development team to maximise the opportunities for the Communications Systems Division. Deliver winning proposals which are compliant with customer requirements and are in line with the agreed win strategy. Ensure all bids supported are delivered on time.
• People management: encourage and ensure regular communications with staff in line with the CMS. Maintain staff motivation at all times. Ensure all staff are in possession of, and are managed against, SMART objectives. Provide regular feedback regarding performance and contribution ensuring appraisals are completed annually.
Experience & Qualifications:
• The ideal candidate must be a highly capable, versatile and an enthusiastic leader, with the experience to lead a multi-disciplined team predominantly in a UK MoD Naval Defence environment;
• Experience in the defence domain would be highly desirable;
• Experience of design projects;
• Programme and/or Project Management experience in a complex Communication Systems technical environment;
• Experience of managing £20m-£50m defence contracts;
• An excellent communicator and able to demonstrate both effective change and conflict management;
• Resource planning and management experience;
• Member of the Association of Project Management or equivalent;
• Certified Project Manager or similar certification;
• Competent in the use of MS Project.
NOTE: Please be aware that candidates must be eligible and will be required to undergo UK Security Clearance Checks.
Job Ref: AN6382
anew South West is acting as an employment agency