|Job Ref:||204707508||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dundee||Address:||Post Code:||DD3||Salary:||£35000 - £45000/annum||Post Date:||18/10/2016 14:00|
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer |
£35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
We are currently representing a global technology company that design & manufacture functional electro-mechanical products that are supplied into a range of commercial environments and that are used by consumers on a daily basis.
Based in their purpose facilities in Dundee we are currently looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join a professional multi-disciplined R&D team. Reporting into the engineering director you will take a technical lead on projects, with the support of more junior engineers, from initial concept through to manufacture.
You will be a highly analytical mechanical design engineer with a good understanding of first principles to create robust, well thought out designs that work first time.
* Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or BSc/BEng in Product Design
* Ability to lead design validation via design reviews, stress analysis, assembly tolerances, testing and problem correction
* Evaluate different technologies and provide recommendations with backup analysis
* Ability to lead mechanical development activities, providing estimates, manufacturing options etc..
* Experience in the Design of Mechanisms, working with tooling suppliers and parts manufacture
* Proven track record delivering cost effective designs to specification and engineering standards
* Supplier engagement and change management
* Release work products using the approved system with all relevant documentation required to implement your design change
* The successful candidate should have a strong understanding of Mechanical design principles and technologies.
* Good analytical and problem solving skills
* Strong 3D Modelling skills
* Knowledge of FEA, MathCAD and hand calculations beneficial
* Clearly understand technical documentation and the ability to work solely on problems as well as within a team environment.
* Experience in a manufacturing techniques such as plastic injection moulding, sheet metal and castings desirable
* Previous experience designing functional electro-mechanical products involving mechanisms highly desirable
If you're interested in the role available please apply via the link available.
Key word search: mechanical engineer, senior mechanical, design engineer, mechanical design, creo, solidworks, proengineer, fea, Mathcad