|Job Ref:||204706721||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||West Sussex||City:||Cowfold||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£20000 - £22000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:07|
Job Purpose |
Logistics is a vital part of the supply chain process. This is why this established and successful engineering company are seeking to employ an additional team member to work as Logistics Co-ordinator.
This role is to support the Logistics Manager in all they undertake and training will be given in some areas if required however specifically they are seeking:
• A person with forklift experience ideally counterbalance
• Someone who is happy to work on the shop floor but who also has a reasonable understanding of Excel to assist in the production of spreadsheets and record keeping
• Someone who is physically fit as some lifting will be required.
• Someone who has had some level of work experience with goods in/out and who is able to work as part of a team
Working Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 6.00pm and Friday 8.00am to 4.00pm this role offers someone an opportunity to join an innovative and quality driven company that will develop and offer career opportunities if desired.
• liaising with suppliers and transport companies;
• planning, coordinating and monitoring the receipt, order assembly and dispatch of goods;
• Working with the Logistics Manager to ensure the efficient utilization of space within the store/warehouse area
• coordinating the use of automated and computerized systems where utilized;
• Packing and preparation of parts to the high standards as set by customer.
• ensuring that stock control systems are kept up to date, full inventory accuracy, stock rotation - FIFO, planning future capacity requirements;
• With the Logistics Manager maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely;
• Manual handling
• To provide support to the Factory Manager and team with regards to packaging and other relevant materials
This role is advertised by USP Recruitment Services who operate as an employment business. Due to the high volume of response we are not able to reply to each application but thank you for your interest in this role.
Should you not hear from us within five working days it is likely on this occasion your application has not been successful