|Job Ref:||204706700||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Isle Of Wight||City:||Isle of Wight||Address:||Post Code:||PO35||Salary:||£30000 - £36000/annum Plus benefits||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
An exciting new opportunity for a project manager with a company who specialise in measuring and monitoring techniques for the offshore and oil and gas industry, they also work alongside Marine, Rail, Power Generation and Renewables clients|
The Project Manager will provide project management for assigned projects, identified as part of the organisation's plans. This will involve the production of plans, documentation and the provision of guidance for project teams and ensuring communication is maintained between all stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, ensuring all organisational procedures are adhered to and objectives are identified and met.
The project manager's prime responsibility is to ensure that assigned projects produce the required deliverables within the defined quality, time and cost constraints. This should be achieved by appropriate adherence to project management methodology, PRINCE2 and best practice within the profession, involving the production of plans, documentation and guidance for project teams throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring all organisational procedures are adhered to.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manages day-to-day operational aspects of multiple or large scale
projects and their scope.
• Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to
meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
• Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports
• Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
• Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and
efficient performance of the project(s).
• Understands basic revenue models and P/L; meets financial objectives
by forecasting requirements; preparing budget; scheduling
expenditures; analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Effectively applies our methodology and enforces project standards.
• Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
• Minimizes our exposure and risk on project.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored
• Maintaining good communications across the business at all levels
• Interact and assist other work members as appropriate
• Reporting all human error events that occur so that they can be
reduced or eliminated
• To always maintain a clean and safe working area.
• To ensure appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) is used in
accordance with Company health and safety policies
• Any other reasonably delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line
Management within the timeframe specified and in a safe and efficient
manner to meet business requirements
• Good communication skills
• Good IT skills
• Planning and organisation skills
• Ability to work autonomously
• Co-operative and supportive team player
• Be able to follow directions and instructions
• Be able to multi task across different projects
• Previous experience in a comparable role as a Project Manager
• A recognised basic technical skill
• A level of understanding business systems
• Typically 5+ years project management experience using project
management methodologies preferably within a engineering
• Proven ability to manage cross-functional teams in a project
• Ability to deliver projects to schedule, budget and quality
• Qualifications in Project Management, for example:
• Certified PMI - PMP
• Diploma's and/or certifications in Project Management
• PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner