|Job Ref:||204706647||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:07|
An opportunity has arisen of an established team role in the financial reporting area of MBDA UK
About Accounting & Reporting
There is 14 staff within this particular part of the finance function and liaison with and or coordination of other functional areas of finance within the UK will also be necessary.
We are committed to supporting all our employees in reaching their full potential and provide relevant training, experience and opportunities to help assist.
What will you be doing?
- Preparation and completion of monthly flash result schedules including orders, sales and margin - understanding variances and presenting to senior finance staff at monthly meeting
- Preparation of CODIR & Core Natco review to agreed format, understanding key variances and agreeing presentation before providing to FD
- .Control and management of VAT issues including
- - preparation and completion of quarterly vat returns for UK, France, Europaams & Eurosam
- - preparation and reconciliation of VAT control accounts
- - liaising with UK Tax Manager and HMRC representatives
- - HMRC intrastats & EC sales production
- Assist in preparation of budget and 5 year business plan - specifically cash, interco, cash v net result
- Act as deputy to Finance Manager - specifically attend meetings in absence, cover for preparation and production of MBDA UK monthly accounts
- Monthly preparation of MBDA UAE & MBDA Treasury accounts and UAE statutory accounts & any supporting evidence
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations for specific accounts including CSR,GRNI, insurance, rechargeable debtors, equity and others
- Management and production of quarterly negative WIP report including ½ & full year
- Develop, train (& cover if required to) and motivate junior staff to ensure they are aware of and capable of delivering their objectives - specifically cover hierarchy, GL accounts, intercompany, payroll, OSM
- Assist in financial accounting and business reporting improvement plan including recommending, developing and implementing revised procedures and controls
- Various other duties as and when required
What are the benefits for you?
- An opportunity to gain experience in an established role whilst being supported within a team environment
- To experience a broad and diverse range of financial related responsibilities.
- A competitive salary, with a range of additional benefits.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Part qualified, still studying to qualify, or relevant experienced accountant
- Good IT skills, ideally an understanding of SAP and excel
- Commercial and financial awareness
- An appreciation of what might be required to meet internal and external customer requirements
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)