|Job Ref:||204706636||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
The IGP organisation is responsible for procuring direct and indirect products and services for both projects and the business. Total spend is approximately €500M per year across UK, France and Italy. An opportunity has arisen in the UK indirect Procurement team which is currently responsible for the following categories, Facilities Management, HR Services, Learning & Development, Contract Labour, Group Travel, Engineering Offload and Outsourcing and all General Procurement.
- You will be responsible for managing the procurement activities for HR services, Travel, Consultancies and Communications for the UK and to working closely to compliment Group level strategies.
- Supervising two Principal Buyers within the UK General Procurement team.
- Proactively reviewing future needs with our internal customers and leading the procurement/sourcing process through marketplace competitions where appropriate. You will also lead the supplier negotiations on behalf of the organisation and brief and present recommended contracting solutions to senior stakeholders.
- Maintain the strategic outlook over a 5 year period and ensure continuation of services is maintained while still achieving best value for money for the business. This will involve managing a number of strategic relationships with our suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as industry partners.
- You will be expected to keep up to date with the latest developments/improvements in the marketplace and research and recommend improved models within the categories
- Attend regular supplier review meetings to ensure they are delivering to contract SLAs.
- Regular travel within the UK & Europe will be required, to work closely with our international procurement colleagues and the UK stakeholders and suppliers
What`s in it for you?
- You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-national, energetic procurement team who strive for personal and professional excellence.
- MBDA provides on-the-job training, mentoring and also provides ample opportunities for further professional development though our Learning & Development centre and personal development programmes.
What`s great about joining this team?
- This is an exciting team focused on delivering to the business indirect services that directly benefit the individuals working in the organisation.
- The team is dynamic and offers varied challenges due to the expanding nature of indirect procurement within MBDA both in the UK and at Group level.
What are we looking for?
- Essential Skills
- Competent and experienced Procurement Specialist, with a proven track record in delivering cost savings and service enhancements through established procurement best practice and implementation of the tender process;
- Enthusiastic, proactive and adaptable individual able to deal with complex situations and effectively influence senior stakeholders and suppliers;
- Competent contract negotiator with ability to draft contract agreements and approve terms and conditions;
- A natural leader and communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales;
- Strong interpersonal skills, a forward thinking approach and an appreciation of cross cultural working
What`s great about us?
• MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
• With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
• Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
• Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
• Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)