|Job Ref:||204706625||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
Join a focussed and dynamic team, exploiting new technologies, in both the defence and commercial markets, taking ownership of their design, development and integration to enhance our international simulation and experimentation capability.
What will you be doing?
- Development of simulation architectures, software components and applications to produce TestBeds that map meaningfully to weapon system architectures.
- Thinking at all levels -from technical detail, sub-systems, systems to system of systems.
- Development and integration of components (software, customer/partner capability, hardware) into a complete system, carrying out commissioning/acceptance testing of end to end functionality.
- Participating/Leading Experimentation activities, with analysis and reporting as appropriate to the level of experiment.
- Producing input to bids to extend or modify the WSSE business.
- Carrying out technology exploitation research and development activities.
What are the benefits for you?
- Joining a customer focused team to deliver innovative solutions using the latest technologies.
- Manage and maintain effective relationships with Internal and External Customers plus other Functions to deliver WSSE programmes.
- Broaden Synthetic Environment Engineer Skills by formal training and on the job training.
- Opportunity to work with International Teams, with some international travel.
- Work that combines the skills of broad view Systems Engineering and technical challenges of Synthetic Environment Engineering
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a department that has advanced the use of distributed simulation in Weapon System Design and Development
- You will be working with internationally and industry recognised members of the simulation community
- You will be joining a team delivering advanced International Projects that need your inspired approach and enthusiasm
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Ideally an engineering degree (such as mathematics, physics, computer science) qualified or equivalent experience in engineering.
- An individual able to balance the high level view and technical detail delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Awareness and/or willingness to learn the aspects of simulation standards (DIS and HLA)
- Ability to perform Component Based Development, supporting re-use and distributed integration.
- Experience of software project management in a complex environment
- Capable in programming languages (C++ / C# / Java)
- Use of Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems
- Development environments (Visual Studio, Eclipse, NetBeans, Qt)
- Distributed simulation standards / Protocols (DIS, HLA, DDS)
- Visualisation programming (DirectX, OpenGL, 3D Graphics/Games Engines)
- Web Services
- Real-time software development
- Military Communications and Datalinks
- Ideally experience from the related areas of Software engineering, System integration, Programme management
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)