|Job Ref:||204706527||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
An opportunity has arisen in a team of specialised RF professionals.
The RF Systems Group is responsible for the specification and assessment of a range of sub-systems used within complex weapon systems. Each member of the team performs a range of tasks and engages regularly with other areas of the business, external suppliers and customers.
What will you be doing?
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work with a variety of radio frequency sub-systems, including; data communications; radars; radio altimeters; seekers. Your key responsibilities will include specification, assessment and management of RF products to support development, production and in-service programmes via interaction with UK and European colleagues and suppliers.
In addition to this primary role, a variety of other experiences are available, including;
- Acting as Sub-System Lead and/or ERA (Equipment Requirement Authority) for one or more key programmes,
- Development, procurement, parameterisation, verification and/or validation of complex hardware performance models
- Monitoring supplier and technology roadmaps and identifying cutting edge and future technologies for investment
- Providing technical expertise in design reviews and other forums
- Attending internal and external international workshops and conferences
- Supporting trials in conjunction with French or Italian colleagues
- Undertaking research ad design activities in conjunction with French, Italian and/or German colleagues
- Supporting and managing the growth and improvement of existing and future test facilities
What are the benefits for you?
- Varied work with a range of opportunities to support your professional development
- Support from a team with extensive experience of RF systems and subsystems and with access to major testing facilities and design tools needed to supply state-of-the-art solutions.
- Development of RF expertise and the opportunity to cultivate/improve knowledge of many applications of the discipline
- Collaborative international working
- UK-wide & European travel
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will have experience of a broad and varied work content, which is dynamically changing
- You will work in a highly skilled and experienced team covering all aspects of RF technologies from Fundamental Technology development to concepts and sub-system development including communication systems, radar, signature prediction and measurement
- You will be in a team working at a level of theoretical modelling through to lab and field based testing
- Some travel is involved between MBDA sites particularly UK and France
Who and what are we looking for from you?
- Qualified to degree-level or equivalent experience
- Experience of technical sub-contractor management
- Experience with good engineering practices, such as requirements definition, design certification & validation, and configuration control
- Ability to motivate self to achieve demanding and evolving tasks while maintaining a calm professional manner
- Flexible, "can do" attitude, enthusiasm and a willingness to get involved
- Initiative to lead tasks and work independently when required
- You will be able to take responsibility for your own contribution, able to control your own timescale and responsible for your own budget
- You will have previous experience of working with RF systems and/or component design
- Background in Electronics
- Appreciation of system design & integration challenges
- Experience with configuration and requirements management tools such as TeamCenter PDM and DOORS
- Modelling skills including proficiency with tools such as MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Knowledge of satellite navigation sensors and systems and/or other inertial navigation aiding technologies
- Ideally you will have experience of working in international or cross-cultural teams.
- French language & cultural awareness
- Project and work package management
Why you should come and work at MBDA?
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)