|Job Ref:||204706520||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
As part of an acknowledged MBDA Centre of Excellence, manage the provision of support to the technical and project teams in the development, use and interpretation of cost and risk data, ensuring that both are recognised as high profile parameters in developing and implementing sound business strategies.
- Conduct Trade Off studies and Risk Analysis in support of TCW, (Team Complex Weapons is the MBDA / UK MoD Long Term Partnering Agreement for the supply of UK Complex Weapons), and the One MBDA Anglo / French Portfolio activities, contributing to the management and delivery of MBDA CW Military Capability across UK and France, and demonstrating that MBDA offers Value for Money in a non-competitive contracting environment.
- Conduct Product Should / Target Cost studies and Competitor Analysis on behalf of the Sales and Business Development (SBD) and Programmes Directorates, enabling MBDA to make informed Proposals having tested the validity of the cost / price and technical solution to meet Customer requirements.
- Work with Technical and Programmes Directorates to produce Whole / Through Life Cost analysis as part of contractual deliverables from Customer funded Study contracts, thereby informing Customer decision making and supporting MBDA Business Strategy for current and future CW requirements.
- Using a detailed knowledge of design and manufacturing processes and materials, work with the Future Systems Design Teams and Manufacturing Engineers to challenge and influence the product designs to achieve low / optimised unit costs in production (Value Engineering approach).
- In conjunction with the Business Teams, ensure that any financial analysis is valid, properly prepared, and reflects the collected experience of the organisation, and that all risks are properly understood and objectively presented.
- Promote and deliver best practice in use and application of parametric and other cost estimating methodologies in MBDA, and support the development and maintenance of any associated systems, processes and tools.
- Leading a team of 5, and maintaining scarce and critical skills of the team
- Maintaining objectivity and independence under pressure from others.
- Establishing and maintaining an influential working relationship with SBD, Programme and Technical Directorates.
- Providing timely and good quality estimates in an environment that contains significant technical uncertainty.
- Promoting appropriate tools and methodologies consistently in MBDA.
Skills and Knowledge:
- In depth knowledge of development and manufacturing processes.
- Ability to influence business decisions based on sound technical and commercial knowledge and judgement.
- In-depth knowledge of all estimating techniques and methodologies, and parametric estimating tools.
- Commercially aware, numerate.
- Good communicator, influencing others
- Good technical understanding of Complex Weapons, Weapon Subsystems and Technologies desirable.
- Submissions to Customers, including the Tender Vet and Finance Committee, are of high quality and consistent format. Need for resubmission eliminated.
- Improvement in quality of Budgetary Bids and supporting Business Cases saving or making more effective use of Company Investment funds.
- Provision of timely and high quality budget data and assumptions into MoD Planning Rounds enabling TCW PMT & PMB to set pipeline priorities, and MoD to gain approval to place contracts.
- Recognised by the organisation as an expert and valued advisor in the provision of cost estimates which will help shape business direction. Confirmed by Customer feedback and evidence of influencing business decisions.
- Maintaining and further developing business critical skills within the team and managing staff turnover and development within a changing business environment.
- Recognition as a corporate centre of excellence, pan MBDA, in provision of appropriate estimates for Studies and other Financial Appraisals. Document support to other MBDA Natcos.
Why Work for MBDA:
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Germany and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mindset: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)