|Job Ref:||204706507||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
Role Title and Location: Aerodynamics Engineer (Bristol)|
Job Ref No: P6293
MBDA Level of role: Level 4 depending on experience
Reports to : Aerodynamics Group Leader - UK
What`s the opportunity?
There is an opportunity to join the aerodynamics group in Bristol, initially working on a key missile project, but with further opportunities to work and influence a large number of MBDA products, concepts and research. Within this role you would find yourself at the forefront of missile aerodynamics and be a member of a team delivering innovative solutions in a wide range of missile system scenarios.
What will you be doing?
Working as part of the aerodynamics team you will be involved in the aerodynamic design, characterisation and assessment of missile airframes. This will involve the use of semi-empirical, CFD and wind tunnel testing methods for aerodynamic simulation as well as a suite of performance analysis tools. These activities will cover free-flight and propulsion system installation aspects as well as the challenges posed by integrating missiles onto air, land and/or sea platforms.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will be able to work at the cutting edge of missile aerodynamics as part of a team of specialist engineers.
- This will include close working with other disciplines within MBDA such as mechanical design and guidance, navigation and control, as well as external organisations such as dstl, wind tunnel providers and universities.
- As such this role is likely to involve some travel within the UK to liaise with these disciplines and organisations.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a team of approximately thirty engineers who form a world class weapon aerodynamic design capability.
- This team have a broad range of niche and multi-disciplinary skills and are involved in a wide range of activities, providing opportunities for working on and influencing all of the MBDA UK portfolio from the initial research and concept phase, through maturation and development, and into in-service support.
- Access to these wide ranging opportunities is open to all team members to broaden their skills and enhance their personal development.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- An in-depth technical appreciation of semi-empirical, CFD and wind tunnel test techniques,
- Ideally a first or second class honours degree in an aerodynamic or related subject and solid relevant working experience.
- A willingness to get involved in innovative research and proven record of delivering results to time, cost and quality.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base.
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career.
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards.
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)