|Job Ref:||204706505||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
Missile Test Engineering Project Manager / Architect|
What`s the opportunity?
MBDA are looking for experienced test and testability engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. The role includes defining and managing the requirements for test and testability across the product lifecycle.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for defining and implementing the Test and Testability Policy within a Programme.
- Responsible for collating Test requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs effectively trade-offs associated with Test and Testability implementation
- Actively lead and ensure optimum BIT coverage is achieved at system and sub-system level
- Responsible for the system Testability Modelling in order to partition and assign test targets to the sub systems
- Support to sub system testability modelling in order to ensure that overall test objectives are achieved
- Management of Test Coherence across the system
- Responsible for defining the test architecture (test access) of the system in liaison with the Chief System Proving Engineer, Chief Design Engineer , Manufacturing Manager and Customer Support teams.
- Working with the manufacturing team define the Special-To-Type Test Equipment (STTE) required to support production
- Actively lead the development of the Test solution (hardware and ATP) to meet all project requirements.
- Defining the project diagnostic and prognostic strategies
- Responsible for the management of Test System obsolescence to optimise upgrade programmes.
- Ensure modularity and reuse objectives are achieved.
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Technically manage internal & external suppliers for delivery of sub-system work packages to time, cost, quality and performance requirements.
- Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process
- Responsible for direct technical supervision of engineers within their team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team.
What are the benefits for you?
- It gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. There are future opportunities to become a Team Leader within the Chief Design Engineer (CDE)Project teams
What`s great about joining this team?
- There are about 30 staff within the Electronic and Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, ideally including:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics and RF.
- Power Electronics.
- Experience of structured Test Modelling techniques
Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including:
- Systems design.
- Safety systems
- Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities.
- Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Ability to influence managers and other stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note thatin order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible forSC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)