|Job Ref:||204706502||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
A vacancy has arisen for an experienced Simulation and Modelling Engineer to become a key member of a dynamic team working on a fast-moving and challenging project.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of MBDA`s complex guided weapon systems products. Models are developed for many purposes throughout the lifecycle of the product and these are at the core of the System Engineering process:
- models to support initial feasibility and concept proving studies
- models to support design development and trade-off studies
- models to support ground testing including Hardware in the Loop testing
- models to support trials programmes, including trials predictions used as part of the fit-to-fire decision and post-trials analysis for detailed trials evaluation
- full system reference models used to produce formal performance statements to support the certificate of design and design verification processes for the guided weapon system
The Simulation and Modelling team is responsible for the development of these models.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for development of specific aspects of the performance model used to support a key programme within MBDA. You will also be responsible for integration of components from within the team, previous or similar models and from other project areas.
- Act as a point of contact for Simulation and Modelling`s interactions with the other project teams e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation.
- Performing technical analyses and investigations into a full range of issues and problems not just from formal trials and prepare and develop solutions either individually or as a member of a project team.
- Engaging with the model users, understand and respond to their needs and ensure that the model is fit for its intended use.
- Influence the design and development of all models developed by Simulation and Modelling, for example through the application of new functionality of the Mathworks Toolset.
What are the benefits for you?
- You will gain in-depth knowledge of the design and functionality of MBDA`s complex weapon systems through your model development work. You will understand how Simulation and Modelling supports our weapon system products and gain insight into a number of related disciplines with whom we have a high level of interactions (e.g. Guidance Navigation & Control, Software, Hardware-in-the Loop, Systems Design & Validation, Seekers & Sensors, Technical Quality).
- You will gain an in-depth exposure to modelling tools as used by Simulation and Modelling and have the opportunity to develop relevant skills and apply them in developing large scale models to support MBDA`s portfolio of complex guided weapons products.
- You will have the opportunity to work within one of the international functions in MBDA.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a vibrant, hard-working team with a successful track record in achieving project milestones on time and on budget.
- You will be working in a very challenging environment which we are continuously improving to bring benefits to the programmes we are involved in. This includes processes, methods and toolsets, each of which brings a variety of specific challenges to solve in order to fully exploit new benefits across a wide range of programmes.
What we are looking for from you?
- Degree qualified e.g. Systems/Aerospace Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Mathematics, Physics or equivalent experience.
- A proven track record in the following:
- Simulation & Modelling - preferably on Aerospace projects
- High level programming languages, e.g. FORTAN, C, Ada
- The MathWorks products - specifically Simulink, Embedded MATLAB and Stateflow
- Ability to produce a computer simulation (Simulink model) from a mathematical specification
- A keen understanding of the modelling process and working within a quality process
- Ideally will have knowledge and experience of the following:
- Software configuration controls
- DOORS or similar requirement traceability tool
In addition you will:
- be highly autonomous and pro-active and be capable of working on your own initiative with a minimum of supervision, as well as within a Simulation and Modelling team working transversally with other functions
- have an understanding of and an ability to work within defined processes
- have the ability to visualize and analyse complex systems
- have good verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- have practical knowledge of basic systems engineering principles and processes
- be able to work with engineering teams, including in-house and contractor personnel
- have experience in applying systems engineering practices to large hardware/software development efforts, preferably in an Aerospace and/or Defence program environment
- have good understanding of, and good working experience in all phases of the engineering life cycle
Why you should come and work at MBDA
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)