|Job Ref:||204706499||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Code:||SG1||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
An opportunity to work in a fast paced development programme, overseeing technical specification of key electrical and mechanical subsystems and their test equipment for air defence application.. The role will involve working closely with the Subsystem Equipment Requirement Authority, Verification and Validation Lead and Subsystem Equipment Design Authority to minimise technical risk of deliveries, against the specification and support the generation of design evidence for proving the subsystem hardware design.
The role is within the EMADS Battlefield Management Command and Control (BMC2) Team, within the overall FLAADS project, which encompasses responsibility for delivery of multiple subsystems into the wider air defence weapon system. This also includes the management of commonality of the solutions for each intended customer. These subsystems include:
- Command and Control (C2) - in support of engagement planning and management
- Launch Management System (LMS) - safety and control of missile firings
- Maintainer`s Local Terminal (MLT) - maintenance functionality across all sub-systems
What will you be doing?
- The role of the Equipment Project Engineer is the delivery of specific sub system components and support to integration at system level. This is accomplished through production of the requirement specifications and interface definitions, along with engaging with both internal and external technical authorities/suppliers. The role also covers ensuring the internally designed and manufactured or externally supplied solutions, across all phases of the design lifecycle, are fit for purpose and meeting the user need.
- The candidate will be reporting to the EMADS UK C2, LMS and MLT Equipment Requirement Authority in support of the hardware requirements delivery for the project design phases. There will be specific responsibility in ensuring the prime and test equipment compliance to both UK and Italian development needs, and supporting the Operations team and evaluation of the design response to the requirements. Appropriate reporting, escalation and resolution of any development issues, as part of day-to-day activities and more formal reviews, should be expected.
- The role covers maintaining a close working relationship with the relevant verification and validation leads to ensure the qualification standard hardware permits evidence generation for both subsystem Certificate of Design and integration hardware for system level proving.
What are the benefits for you?
- The role provides the opportunity to work within a team on a flagship programme for MBDA to deliver a new capability to the UK Customer and provide, through cooperation with the international parts of MBDA, the future foundation for export in the ground based air defence market.
- FLAADS Land is a highly innovative product and a challenging programme that requires the implementation of a 'rapid delivery` culture, process and methodology.
- Through working on the programme in this role the role holder can expect to further develop people and technical management skills and experience, oversee hardware specification and delivery from the Operations directorate to the Technical directorate, including support to subsystem qualification. Other opportunities include working with the customer, wider interaction within an international context, subcontract management and exposure to other development activities through modularity and reuse of equipment.
- FLAADS Land is part of EMADS which is a market opportunity in the design of an interoperable range of existing and future ground based air defence C2 systems and other air defence weapons to support an integrated, layered air defence structure. The detailed functionality can be tailored to meet customer`s preferred way of working, giving exceptional operational flexibility.
- Good opportunity to support the verification and validation of complex mechanical and electronic components in a subsystem context through generation of proving plans and tracing of design from subsystem to weapon system level, production of certification evidence and assessment of compliance to the specified requirements including associated management of arising non-compliances and non-conformances.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be joining a dispersed but dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development of C2 and LMS Subsystems for air defence application as part of a rapid D&M programme.
- New challenges will arise frequently that will demand generation of technical opportunity and agreed way ahead to maintain the project pace
- Interaction within a multi-national team with individual national identities but a common operational goal
- Opportunity for travel across national and international sites
Who and what we are looking for from you?
A committed and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn. Preferably from a systems engineering background and with experience in the following beneficial:
- An appreciation of the product design lifecycle and good engineering qualifications
- Requirements specification and management
- Familiarity with IBM Rhapsody and Doors
- Configuration Management in PDM
- Design for Modularity and Reuse (DMR)
- Requirements verification
- Ability to interact with a dispersed multi-discipline team
- Networking oriented and approachable
- Able to identify risks and issues and report these in a timely manner
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news. LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)