|Job Ref:||204706466||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lostock Green||Address:||Post Code:||CW9||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
We are seeking an experienced software engineer specialising in automated test to join our Test Development team. It is an exciting time as we begin work on a host of challenging, but rewarding projects.
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA`s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
- Working in the established Test Development team, you will be creating and maintaining small to medium sized automated test applications.
- Our projects range from relatively simple actuator systems, through to complex weapon controllers and seekers.
- You will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies and developing cutting edge test processes based around the National Instruments test platforms.
- Depending on the project, it might be necessary to develop advanced interfaces in LabVIEW FPGA and RT.
- Develop custom diagnostics tools for our test engineers, using a range of architectures QMH, OOP, Actor Framework.
- Create fully automated scripts for Sequential, Batch and Parallel Testing inside of the TestStand environment.
What`s in it for you?
- This role offers the opportunity to be involved in a wide range of product types and also test the latest technologies the aerospace and defence sector has to offer.
- Working across multiple disciplines you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge in a wide variety of technologies.
What`s great about the team?
- You will be joining a dynamic, focused team responsible for the development of manufacturing test equipment for complex electronics products.
- The team has a great mix of personnel, ranging from experienced technical experts, through to graduate and apprentice engineers.
- The team prides itself on developing high quality test solutions and works to develop its engineers to take on these complex challenges.
What are we looking for?
- To succeed in this role, you will need sharp problem solving skills and an exceptional eye for detail;
- Degree/HND Level of Qualifications or equivalent (Engineering / Electronics Preferable;)
- CLD/CLA (Certified LabVIEW Developer / Architect);
- CTD (Certified TestStand Developer) preferable;
- Significant experience writing small to medium sized LabVIEW projects;
- A deep understanding of measurement and test principles;
- Working knowledge of LabVIEW FPGA and RT coding;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communication both verbally and in writing.
What would you get?
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)