|Job Ref:||204706435||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stevenage||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
We are seeking a Mechanical Inspector to work as part of our Manufacturing Team at our Stevenage site.
What will you be doing?
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure
- Examining for correct assembly
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Inspect for physical damage
- Intermediate inspection checks non product certification
- Monitor product certification operators
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack
- Control defect items via segregation from good product
- Raise and maintain relevant data records/defect reports
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation/history sheets
- Care for and use specialised inspection tools
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process
What are the benefits for you?
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
What`s great about joining this team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship/TR23/TR21 or HNC.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Several years 'experience as a skilled person.
- IPC 610 certified / trained preferred
What you would get
Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)