|Job Ref:||204706375||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lostock Green||Address:||Post Code:||CW9||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
We are seeking a Goods Inwards Inspector to work as part of our Manufacturing Team. It is an exciting time as we will shortly move to a new Manufacturing facility just a short distance from our existing Lostock site.
The role is to ensure that the goods received meet in all respects the requirements placed on the supplier by the MBDA purchase order.
- Verify and accept procured product in line with contractual conditions.
- Examine the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc.
- Undertake first off inspections and ensure inspections times are met.
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the delivered article.
- Control defect items via segregation from good product, and raise and maintain relevant defect reports.
- Maintain product verification approval process via regular audits.
- Mentor documentation certification only operators.
- Inspection of PCB`s.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
What are the benefits for you?
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
What`s great about the team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our customers` expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
What are we looking for?
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus.
- They should be adaptable to any work-related processes and working practices.
Qualifications and experience:
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 or HNC
- Several years` experience as a skilled person
- SAP Literate
- Experience in reading and understanding assembly drawings with due regards to dimensional tolerances and machined.
What would you get?
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)