|Job Ref:||204706296||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Lostock Junction||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:22|
What`s the opportunity?|
Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA`s deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality.
An opportunity has arisen for a Manufacturing Engineer within the PCB department. The focus of the role will be to ensure that our products are built efficiently and to budget. As a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team, you will carry out activities in support of multi-project printed circuit card manufacture.
What will you be doing?
- Generation and maintenance of Engineering Data packs.
- Develop and maintain manufacturing methods and create process routings.
- Design, Commissioning and proving of associated tooling.
- Support the industrial validation process through the use of FMEA`s, FAI`s etc..
- Support to operations to address process/design related issues.
- Liaise with the design authority during the product development phase, to ensure optimised Design for Manufacture (DfM).
- Support to the Non-Conformance management process.
- Design and procure necessary production tooling.
- Identify and reduce sources of labour efficiency variations.
- Attend cross-functional quality sessions and track/drive root cause analysis and corrective actions for manufacturing issues.
What are the benefits for you?
- The role will provide many stimulating challenges and personal development opportunities.
- MBDA values its employee`s personal and professional development and therefore provides opportunities for both on the job training, e-learning and classroom learning in a variety of technical and managerial subjects.
- As part of a multi-national company you will have the opportunity to travel on a regular basis both within the UK and internationally.
- What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-functional operations team who strive for personal and professional excellence working on new product lines
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Formal technical Engineering / Craft Apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 OR formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent in a relevant subject.
- Significant experience within SMT PCB manufacturing environment.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must demonstrate a proactive approach to problem solving and commitment to work as part of a team to deliver the business.
- Have the ability to interpret Design Drawings with a view to producing Manufacturing Build Instructions.
- Must be able to work within and contribute to a team environment.
- Have the ability to communicate both within the working group and at various levels of the organisation.
- Should be IPC J Std-001 and IPC-610 certified.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)