|Job Ref:||204706093||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Staffordshire||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
Our Client provides complete turn-key solutions for the rapidly-growing global HVDC market. Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, Test Laboratories and R&D.
JOB OVERVIEW / PURPOSE
The Contract manager has overall responsibility for all Project contractual activities. They are responsible to support the project execution start-up, prior to full Notice to Proceed, including Contract analysis and preparation of Project Contract Commercial Plan
• Assume responsibility for all project contractual activities from Hand Over from Sales until all relevant contractual obligations are completed and all relevant contractual issues are resolved / settled.
• Identification of Customer/Consortium and other third party obligations and development and implementation of the Project Contract Commercial Plan, including Project Claim Strategy.
• Liaise with Project Planning Manager to ensure Contract Programme and appropriate schedules for subcontracts are produced and maintained, to support Project Claim Strategy.
• Support project risk and opportunity identification and analysis. Support the management of risks and opportunities by development and implementation of appropriate Project Contract Commercial Plan.
• Preservation of the company's rights and entitlements as provided in the Contract. Ensure proper notices are given in line with contract requirements. Management of claims to/from customers and consortium partners. Support the management of claims to/from Contractors and Suppliers as required.
• Ensure appropriate recovery from third parties.
• Management of customer Variation Requests/Orders.
• Management of Project Insurances: Submission, monitoring and settlement of insurance claims in accordance with the policies.
• Establishment and implementation of project specification contractual procedures, particularly regarding claims, insurance, variation orders, correspondence and notifications.
• Support and guidance to Project team on general contractual issues. Clarification of contractual/legal queries, if required by referring to Legal.
• Providing Contract Management support as required in the event of a (potential) dispute.
The preferred candidate will be educated to degree level in a related Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Business Administration or Law discipline. They will be able to demonstrate strong proven experience in large complex capital projects and preferable some exposure to Site Construction issues. Further requirements include;
• Understanding and knowledge of Contract Law
• Technical understanding
• Experience of high level negotiations
• Strong communication skills
• Influencing skills - Intercultural skills - Analytical skills
• Understanding of project risk management
• Fluency in written and spoken English
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call me or send me an e-mail