|Job Ref:||204705934||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:07|
What`s the opportunity?|
To provide process engineering support to the manufacture of circuit card assemblies for defence equipment in production and development.
What will you be doing?
- Working closely with the product design teams to develop manufacturing processes and techniques
- Generate and maintain automated assembly processes e.g. screen print, pick and place, SMT and through hole soldering
- Provide engineering support to operations, optimising process yields through continuous improvement
- Support capital equipment acquisition, commissioning and hand-over to operations.
- Creation of manufacturing instructions, process development and improvement.
- Manufacture of prototype hardware to support design proving and trials activities
- Making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority
- Contributing to Continuous Improvement initiatives as part of the Project IPT or Manufacturing Engineering Function
- Developing manufacturing processes commensurate with the design, cost and quality requirements of the deliverable product in challenging timescales
- Resolving technical issues in relation to the manufacturing processes during concept design and development
What are the benefits for you?
- MBDA prides itself on providing on-the-job training plus a range of courses to enhance your development further.
What`s great about joining this team?
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- Ideally HNC level of qualifications or equivalent plus substantial level of experience
- Ability to interpret design drawings/CAD data with a view to producing manufacturing processes and instructions
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- PCB population experience i.e. screen printing, solder / silver epoxy dispensing, pick and place, conformal coating, underfill
- Ability to produce investigation reports.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)