|Job Ref:||204705876||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bolton||Address:||Post Code:||NE66||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:21|
Electronics Test Engineer - Lostock Nr. Bolton|
What`s the opportunity?
The Production Test Engineering organisation is responsible for the day to day support to the production testing of complex weapons and equipment within the manufacturing facility at Lostock near Bolton. Opportunities have arisen on various projects for Electronics Engineers to provide technical support to the test technician group for production test and diagnostics of complex weapons at all levels of build i.e. system, unit and PEC level.
This is an exciting time to join Manufacturing as the Bolton site is embarking on a move to a brand new manufacturing facility just a short distance from our existing Bolton site.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for technical support to manufacture test of Complex Weapons in production, to ensure production targets are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Test of complex electronic equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level.
- Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Technical support to Test Technicians to facilitate the efficient throughput of Prime hardware during production.
- Assessment of related Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Evaluation of Technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Development of test plans and procedures in line with manufacturing and design requirements
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action.
What are the benefits for you?
- MBDA provides extensive on-the-job training and opportunities for development.
What`s great about joining this team?
- You will be working in a fast-paced, multi-functional operations team who strive for personal and professional excellence working on new product lines
Who and what we are looking for from you?
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in Digital and Analogue Electronics Manufacture and Test.
- A good understand of measurement and test principles, and equipment.
- Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
Why you should come and work at MBDA
- MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom, , and the United States
- With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA is Europe`s leading guided weapons company and with this in mind we continually look to broaden our existing talent base whilst maintaining a strategic edge, by exploiting new markets and new applications for our world-class technology base
- Our success is based on the dedication of our people and we strive to offer each and every employee an enjoyable, challenging and rewarding career
- Our work is complex, challenging and innovative. It takes a range of professionals across the full engineering and commercial spectrum to carry it out. Whatever field our people specialise in, they all share the same mind-set: a drive to make things work better and to redefine the established standards
What you would get
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, discounted private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for MBDA UK opportunities you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to join our LinkedIn Group to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news.
LinkedIn Group name: Engineering UK (Defence)