|Job Ref:||204705765||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Wiltshire||City:||Swindon||Address:||Post Code:||DY3||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:07|
REPORTING TO: QC Manager|
OFFICE LOCATION: Didsbury, Manchester
Formed in 2000 we are one of the cornerstones of a global procurement network in the pulp and paper industry. Located in the South of Holland and Manchester we stand prepared to serve the needs of the European recovered paper market by expanding export opportunities with quality suppliers. We are a fast growing company with high ambitions.
As an Inspector for ACN Europe you will work as part of our UK team from our office in Manchester but you will also communicate with our European head office in Rotterdam. Your role as an Inspector for MLM Ltd. will be to inspect the various commodities in both the recovered paper and plastic markets in and around the Swindon area for compliance with our own and legal quality standards. The role involves the weekly/daily planning of inspections and visiting sites across Swindon to perform the inspections according to the planning. The information gathered from these inspections has to be reported and communicated to other members of the team in various ways.
- Plan - The Inspector must be able to plan efficient and effective daily itineraries based on a set criteria. The inspector also must be able to change plans flexibly where necessary.
- Perform - The Inspector must professionally carry out suitable inspections in Swindon. Travelling and irregular working hours may not impede performance.
- Explore - Identify and investigate possible issues or potential new ventures directly with suppliers and other colleagues.
- Communicate - The Inspector must be able to use various ways of communicating his plans, proceedings and findings to others in a timely manner.
- Other ad hoc duties.
TYPICAL PROFILE / QUALIFICATIONS / ESSENTIAL AREAS OF COMPETENCE
- Education - Good GSCE levels (preferably English, Math and IT)
- Skills - A basic understanding of MS Office package, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Character - Self starter, highly motivated, disciplined, strong & confident and flexible
- Ethics - Respectful, loyal and honest
- Must have: full clean drivers license
- Salary according to market
- Bonus potential
- Pension plan
- Health insurance
- Good work environment in great team with regular team building sessions