|Job Ref:||204709587||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||South Coast||Address:||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
Position: Lead Naval Architect|
Location: South Coast
Salary £40 -50K
One of my marine client is looking to bring in an experienced Lead Naval Architect to help lead a team of naval architects in producing calculations and complex engineering plans for production. You will be managing the teams workload to ensuring that they understand the client`s needs and that the work is carried out to the highest standards and is on time, on budget and fulfills the company needs.
- Produce Weight Estimates and Loadcases for new and existing models.
- Designing technical engineering layouts and routing.
- Working closely within a team of naval architects and designers to improve overall design.
- Detailed understanding working with marine systems within yachts.
- Produce detailed models of engineering and boat joinery drawings.
- Able to perform structural calculations from principles and class.
- Oversea and manage design aspects of supply chain in conjunction with project managers.
- Work closely with the design manager to ensure that the product complies with all relevant classifications.
- Calculate static and dynamic load cases to drive the design of every aspect of the boat / deck plans / sail plans and to appropriate hardware for the boat.
- Work closely with concept designers and stylists to make sure the concept design is meeting the needs of the client and production line with manageable costs.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Degree level naval architecture.
- Work with both 2D & 3D software including V5 Catia.
- Experience within the yachting industry is an advantage.
- Able to lead and manage a team to make sure all work in completed on time.
Please call the marine team to discuss further and send your CV to (Email Removed)
WRS TECH are acting as a recruiter on behalf of its client