|Job Ref:||204709532||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£38000 - £48000/annum Excellent Company Benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
PRODUCTION LEADER - NORTH WEST - £48k - PENSION 5% + 27 DAYS HOLIDAYS + STATS - MEDICAL INSURANCE + WORLD LEADING MANUFACTURING COMPANY|
This is an outstanding opportunity to work for a global leading manufacturer boasting long term contracts with Global leading clients.
The Production Leader will be reporting directly into the Production Manager and you will be responsible for around 30 people working on a 2 shift system. You will be responsible for their recruitment, motivation, disciplinary and overall output of the facility.
For this role, we are looking for someone who has experience working in a facility where there is an engineered product being manufactured. You will have strong lean and continuous improvement knowledge, forward thinking and always looking to improve the people and process.
We are looking for a talented and motivated individual who comes from an engineering background and has managed in a facility where there is an engineered product as the output. You will have strong lean and continuous improvement knowledge.
* Will consider various backgrounds providing someone comes from a background where the product is being engineered.
* Day to day management of up to 30 employees.
* Forward thinker, who can implement and drive continuous improvement through lean practices.
* Excellent man management skills, strategic forward thinking individual, flexible with working hours
* Experience in Leading a production / Team in production environment
* Minimum 3 years managing an engineering team in a production environment.
* An engineering background.
* Continuous improvement experience.
* Lean manufacturing experience.
* Experience in an MRP/ERP environment, Works Orders, Stock Accuracy & Kitting.
* Excellent managerial/people skills
* Demonstrable Communication, Organisational & Problem Solving skills
* IT literate (Microsoft office)
* Automotive experience
* Worked in a changing environment
* HND or equivalent in either mechanical or production engineering
* TS16469 Knowledge
* Basic 5S approach
* £48K DOE
* 27 days + Stats.
* Pension 5%
* Medical Insurance scheme
Location - North West, Rochdale, Bolton, Burnley, Preston, Lancashire
Job titles: Production Manager, Production Leader, Continuous improvement Manager
Backgrounds/equipment: Automotive, FMCG, Manufacturing, Automation, Brewing, plastics, material handling, OEM's, Process industry, assembly environment.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy