|Job Ref:||204709355||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dewsbury||Address:||Post Code:||WF12||Salary:||£23000 - £27000/annum||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:08|
Graduate Aftermarket Applications Engineer|
TWC Recruitment are looking to recruit a Graduate Aftermarket Applications Engineer for a global leading organisation who specialise in the design and manufacture of specialist engineered components.
The role offers an enviable package which includes, a generous pension contribution, and an above-average annual leave allowance. The employer fosters a positive, people-orientated environment, with well-being programmes and an on-site gym.
Aftermarket Applications Engineer
This role is idea for a graduate engineer with a technical background wishing to develop an engineering career within a global manufacturing company. HNC, HND or degree in an engineering discipline
The primary focus of this role is to provide engineering/ technical support to the aftermarket team and ensure efficient introduction of new products to market in order to meet RFDE's aftermarket growth goals.
The business is looking to exponentially increase the ratio of elements to housings in the next 1 to 5 years through the improved retention of existing element sales and the introduction of new elements and spare parts
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
• To ensure the technical and quality validation of all new elements introduced.
• Conduct laboratory validation as appropriate
• Approval of supplier customer interface drawings and verification of samples
• Approval of packaging materials and specification
• Production of customer interface drawings for elements and spare parts
• Validation of OEM and competitor part numbering
• Management of supplier samples
• Ensure compliance with company brand standards
• Further develop and maintain the cross reference and Parfit databases including Tecdoc
• To develop and maintain the spare parts catalogue for medium and heavy duty trucks
• Provide technical back up at the VOC stage or after sales service
• Support the technical support team with cross referencing requirements
• Liaise with Value Streams, Strategic pricing, Customer Service, Engineering, Purchasing and Shipping departments to ensure proper levels of customer service are maintained
SCOPE OF DECISION MAKING
• Development and testing requirements with respect to element validation for the aftermarket
• Liaising with our sister plants in the USA, Brazil, India, China and Korea to ensure product developments for customer projects are coordinated
• Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills
• Should be literate, numerate and able to communicate at all levels
• Experience in automotive engineering manufacturing environment an advantage
• Have CAD experience
• Speak and write Fluent English
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word
• Knowledge of Indesign an advantage