|Job Ref:||204709295||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:08|
A tier 1 principal main contractor is currently seeking a permanent Civil Engineering Procurement Manager for their Head Office based in Hoddesdon. |
The overall purpose is to establish, maintain and improve the control and effectiveness of the buying function in line with the company policy and business objectives.
Duties include but are not limited to:
* Sending out tenders sub-contract and materials enquiries for assessment and use by Estimator & Site Management team
* Working with the Site Management team, review procurement strategy, agree targets, assess the necessity for additional enquiries, analyse supplier/sub-contract quotes, lead negotiations and closing deals.
* Generally liaise with site management on both sub-contract and materials procurement and agree critical programme dates within a procurement schedule.
* To keep up to date with business objectives and internal policy
* Extensive knowledge of trades and materials in Civil Engineering and Rail sectors
* Knowledge of common use sub-contract documents including FCEC, DOM, ECC and GC works
* Computer literate and able to work with usual IT packages plus bespoke database and document storage packages.
* Excellent Negotiating skills
* Excellent time management skills working to tight deadlines
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a main contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates.
The client offers a competitive salary, great package and a competitive referral scheme.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge with a progressive company, apply now using the button below
CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer