|Job Ref:||204705332||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Andover||Address:||Post Code:||SP10||Post Date:||21/10/2016 02:18|
Summary of role|
(Competitive Salary - Please Enquire)
Important: You must have a background in Mechanical Engineering - If you are a Mechanical Engineer (in an office based role) I would be happy to speak with you if you would like a move in to Technical Writing, as you may have a lot of transferable skills.
To support the Marketing Manager in developing printed and web-based promotional material such as catalogues, product brochures, flyers, case studies, product specifications, user manuals and educational materials related to precision engineering equipment.
The position demands a high standard of technical knowledge, preferably gained within the client's field of expertise and the writing ability to satisfy both an informed and uninformed audience. An excellent command of the English language is essential as is the ability to write, understand and verify material often written by the non-native speaker that may require correction.
Creating clear, concise articles that are technically sound, easy to follow and interesting is an essential quality.
Good research and analytical skills are highly valued when producing new materials or affording comment.
• Developing printed and web-based promotional material such as catalogues, product brochures, flyers, case studies, product descriptions, educational booklets and wall charts aimed at helping prospective customers understand the features, advantages and benefits of client's products.
• Writing of product white papers as directed.
• Proofing of Corporate materials originating from sources where English is not the native language.
• Collaborate with members of the Marketing Team, Customer Solutions Team, and Product Development Team.
• Ensure accuracy and consistency across all written marketing content, and incorporate revisions according to current routing procedures.
• Define a consistent voice and tone for the brand across multiple channels.
Summary of role
• 8:30am to 5pm with one hour for lunch
• Company Pension, auto enrolled within 3 months
• Medical Scheme, after 3 years of employment
• EoY Bonus; pro-rata to start date; not guaranteed; subject to personal and company performance.
• On Site parking
• Canteen Area