|Job Ref:||204705261||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birmingham||Address:||Post Code:||B12||Post Date:||29/09/2016 04:08|
A highly respected technology based company in Huddersfield near Halifax is seeking a Director of Systems Engineering oversee its expanding team.|
As either a current Director of Systems Engineering or someone looking for their next career step into a directors role, you will possess an entrepreneurial, creative and hands-on mindset with the ability to act with speed and pragmatism even under pressure.
Our client provides state-of-the-art business solutions and process automation to some of the world's leading companies. Its services improve business processes for clients across a full range of commercial, industrial and government sectors and is a recognised specialist in Auto-ID integration, Barcode, RFID, voice and sensor technologies have been successfully integrated into many industrial sectors.
The Director, Systems Engineering is responsible for defining and implementing a system control design that meets the needs of the risk management plan and associated commercial needs. The Director will provide technical expertise to projects involving Systems (Electrical, Software, and Mechanical) architecture, integration and V&V.
As the Director of Systems Engineering your duties will include:
• The successful candidate will be a strong strategic yet hands-on professional with a track record of achievement gained in System Development of Medical Device or In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) equipment.
• This position requires experience with ISO 13485, 21 CFR 820, ISO 14971 compliance with emphasis on electromechanical and software design and validation.
As the Director of Systems Engineering you should ideally possess:
• Masters in Science or PhD (Biomedical, Physics, Software etc) or equivalent work experience;
• Extensive experience in product development involving all major disciplines (Mechanics, Electronics, Software, Physics);
• Experience managing system design, development and verification of complex life critical systems
• Proved track record of shipping complex medical systems for worldwide deployment
• R&D experience in dialysis platforms - an advantage
• Knowledge of quality and compliance standards for development of electromechanical systems that comply with EN60601
• Solid analytical and problem solving skills with eye for detail to assess the impact of variables on system.
• Strong communicator with the ability to ability to challenge ideas, issues and people and the ability to get things done in collaboration with a multitude of stakeholders within and outside the company.
• Inspirational leader with experience in managing, engaging and coaching a team and bringing them to a higher level of performance.
• This an outstanding opportunity for a R&D professional to lead the System Development function for a truly innovative Medical Product / System targeted for In-Centre and Home use.
• Joining a company with solid business model based on ground-breaking technology that addresses a growing medical need across the UK and Europe.
• Become part of a promising story and an ambitious vision, shared by an enthusiastic team of highly skilled professionals from various backgrounds and led by an inspirational Leadership team committed to bringing the organization to the "next level".
• You will have a significant impact on the success and value growth of an inspirational business story in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial environment.
In return you can expect a £competitive salary + Bonus + a wide range of benefits
The first stage of the application process is to apply online.