Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12393_Houston||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Houston||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:00|
Civil Engineer (Entry Level)|
*Job ID:* 2016-12393
*Area of Interest:* EN - Waste Management Services
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelors Degree
*Posted Date:* 10/17/2016
*Experience (Years):* 0
*SLP:* J2WCIVILCONST, J2WGRADVAC
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earthâ€™s development while preserving earthâ€™s integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
The Houston, Texas office of Golder Associates, Inc. is seeking a Civil Engineer (entry level) to join a multi-disciplinary team of professionals supporting a variety of geotechnical, civil, mining, oil and gas and water resource projects.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to provide planning, analysis, design and construction expertise for civil engineering and large earthworks projects such as landfills, mines, oil and gas sites, power plants or other sites as assigned. As a valued team member, you will also interface and assist our environmental group on a variety of projects. You can expect to be engaged in Field work, including construction inspection or groundwater sampling.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
* Hydrologic and hydraulic evaluations;
* Site layout;
* Quantity and cost estimates;
* Preparation of design drawings and specifications;
* Construction oversight and other related field activities;
* Data Compilation;
* Report Writing;
* Regulatory File Review.
No International Relocation Available. Local applicants will receive primary consideration.
If you are looking to begin your civil engineering career and you meet the requirements below, we encourage you to apply:
* Bachelorâ€™s degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on Civil Design or Water Resources;
* Experience with AutoCAD and Civil 3D is preferred;
* Willingness to travel;
* Passport or ability to get a passport;
* Client focused;
* Committed to technical excellence;
* Critical thinking skills;
* Strong interpersonal communication;
* Teamwork oriented.
Our Staff Benefit from:
* An opportunity to purchase shares in Golder Associates
* Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.