|Job Ref:||2016-12522||Employer:||Golder Associates||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Alaska||City:||Anchorage||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:01|
Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer|
Job ID: 2016-12522
Area of Interest: EN - Geotechnical Engineering, Soil and Rock Mechanics
Job Type: Full Time
# of Positions: 1
Education (Minimum): Bachelors Degree
Posted Date: 9/28/2016
Experience (Years): 7
Golder Associates Inc. is experiencing continual growth in our Anchorage, Alaska operations We offer mining services ranging from exploration through to construction, operations and into closure.
Golder is seeking a Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Anchorage mining team. In this role you will have the opportunity to work as part of a regional team on challenging mining, heavy civil, and geotechnical projects.
The main responsibilities for the successful candidate include:
* Promoting a safety first culture;
* Planning and reviewing a wide variety of geotechnical, hydrogeological and geophysical investigations, including soil and rock core logging, geotechnical mapping, packer testing, televiewer logging, and instrument installation;
* Cold regions / arctic engineering;
* Scoping, directing, and reviewing geotechnical analyses, including stability, seepage, and thermal modeling;
* Preparing technical proposals and design work packages in response to client needs;
* Managing projects according to client-approved scopes of work, and deliver high quality reports on time and within budget;
* Manage quality control regarding all aspects of geotechnical and design work, including critical review of results;
* Maintaining existing client relationships and developing new business opportunities; and
* Becoming a familiar and attentive interface with our increasing Alaska mining client base.
The preferred candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
* Seven to 10 years relevant (post-degree) experience working in a consulting engineering or mining industry environment;
* BS degree in Civil Engineering, (Geotechnical emphasis) Geological Engineering, or Mining Engineering with a MS preferred.
* Currently registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Alaska;
* Mining or land development experience;
* Desire to provide excellent client service and a commitment to technical excellence;
* Proven record of independent work and ability to effectively lead a team;
* Strong technical writing, interpersonal communication, and critical thinking skills are essential; and
* Valid driver's license.
Our staff benefit from:
* An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
* Employee mentoring program
* Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
Established in 1960, Golder is a global, employee-owned organisation driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From over 165 offices worldwide, our more than 6,500 employees help our clients find sustainable solutions to the challenges society faces today including extraction of finite resources, energy and water supply and management, waste management, urbanisation, and climate change. We do this by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services to our clients in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.