Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||LEW-LE-16-19141||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Washington||City:||Tacoma/Olympia||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:11|
• Manage/supervise all aspects of the Material Fielding Team's personnel and work requirements|
• Responsible for performance management, discipline, award, and hiring
• Manage the planning/conduct of fieldings of the Stryker vehiclular platform, associated equipment and ASLs under USG guidance/schedules.
• Manage employees in performing maintenance on Strykers and associated equipment
• Manage section's training program for new personnel in technical matters the Stryker vehicle.
• Manage the the quality and performance of all aspects that encompass vehicle operations and safety to include starting, stopping, driving and PMCS (Preventive Maintenance Checks and Services); operation of each crew station, and knowledge of organizational maintenance procedures.
• Manage/conduct/assist in fieldings at remote/field sites as required.
• Provide assistance to USG personnel as directed.
• Manage the installation of associated vehicle equipment and checkout for functionality as a system.
• Plan, manage, and execute budget for section
• Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and leadership skills.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited University required or relevant experience may be considered
• 10-15 years of supervisory/management experience preferred
• 10-15 years of related experience. Equivalent military service acceptable
• Must meet Standard Practice 2-644, Physical Restrictions for work in Enclosed Combat Type Vehicle
• Must pass and maintain company required deployment requirements
• Computer literacy required and experience with Microsoft Office products
• Work is performed in shop and field environments. Will be exposed to products used in normal vehicle maintenance shop environment. Will be exposed to temperature extremes during conduct of job duties
• Work at an autonomous site directly with USG personnel.
• Capable of working overtime and weekends
• Some travel will be required in performance of duties for extended periods
• Capable of obtaining and maintaining company issued AMEX card
• Capable of obtaining and maintaining USG provided Common Access Card (CAC) by successfully completing NACI back ground check
• Ability to obtain and retain U.S. Passport
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.