|Job Ref:||31611||Employer:||WSP Group||Country:||United States||City:||Seattle||Address:||Post Date:||29/09/2016 09:18|
About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff has an immediate need for a mid-level Traffic Engineer in our Seattle office to provide technical expertise and support in traffic engineering, transportation planning, traffic operations and intelligent transportation systems (ITS). Training and/or experience in traffic modeling and studies including use of Vissim and Synchro software, traffic signal design, lighting design, signing and striping design, signal timing, ITS design, maintenance of traffic, and systems integration for traffic signal projects, are desirable.
The candidate will direct traffic tasks on major projects and monitor project progress for technical accuracy and adherence to schedule and budget. May supervise engineering staff and provide technical guidance.
The applicant will lead and perform the following routine functions:
• Traffic studies and modeling using Vissim and Synchro
• Traffic signal, lighting and signing and striping design and preparation of PS&E documents
• ITS design
• Systems integration for traffic signal projects
• Coordination with other disciplines, offices and stakeholders
• Prepare basic sketches and preform calculations in support of broader engineering efforts
• Gather and record engineering data and information, prepare routine reports
• Assist in the development of proposals, presentations and business development efforts
• Other duties as assigned
Location: Seattle, WA is preferred but applicants interested in Portland, Oregon or one of our California offices will be considered.
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity