Morson International are currently recruiting for a Head of Commercial for a permanent position in the Bristol area. The role is working for a global manufacturing business and will have multi-site responsibilities.|
The successful applicant will be responsible for leading the Commercial and Estimating functions in line with strategic objectives and targets.
We are looking for applicants who are degree qualified, or equivalent, in a relevant business discipline or engineering discipline with experience of managing a commercial team. You will have a proven track record in complex negotiations including review and negotiation of terms and conditions. Previous experience is required from the Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or other similar industries.
- Provide leadership to both the Commercial and Estimating functions.
- Develop and implement a strategy for Commercial and estimating ensuring that continuous improvement objectives fall in line with achievement of both the functional and site strategies.
- Take the lead role in the organisation to identify and manage risk through contract negotiation, change identification and negotiation, ensuring appropriate pricing and protection is in place
- Ensure Commercial objectives are translated into specific improvement objectives and / or targets for the sites, which are subsequently delivered
- Manage the interface between the business and its customers and work to resolve key issues and build a strong customer relationship
- Ensure that appropriate policies and processes for successful Commercial and Estimating practice are in place and are functioning effectively
- Take responsibility and accountability for the operational performance of the commercial department (tasks such as invoice and order management, overdue debit resolution and change negotiation)
- Drive the development of the Commercial and Estimating team members to increase the knowledge and skill base
- Ensure effective commercial change management control, pricing, negotiation and contracts are in place to deliver product modification and change to their customers
- Working with the Head of Business Development, lead the business in establishing, assessing and proposing opportunities for new business and ensure that all Bids and Proposals are prepared in accordance with the company's Bid Process.
- As part of the leadership team, with responsibility for two facilities, work proactively to support other functions in communications and building relationships across both sites.