|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKLD01212007||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||21/10/2016 22:03|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions.|
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are looking to recruit a Planning Manager for our Fleet Operations based at our London - Seven Kings depot:
As part of the Project Core Team, the purpose of this role is to create and manage a Fleet Maintenance Planning Teams across an E* or DEMU platform.
- Act as a Core Team member for the Project
- Meeting and exceeding customer expectations
- Demonstrate improvements in all aspects of Services Execution
- Forecasting & Developing balance Maintenance Regimes
- Reviewing depot designs and throughput optimisation
- Optimising Operations through use of new technology (AVIS, Orbita)
This role will be responsible for all maintenance and planning associated with the East Anglia fleet platform. The role will closely monitor the fleet mileage and condition status, with particular reference to the identification of defects and potential defects. It will be responsible for planning resource and material to maximise depot efficiency and availability.
This role will plan for the introduction of the new Fleet of Aventra trains and ensure the depot is prepared and transitions from existing fleet maintenance practices to that of a modern Aventra fleet using modern technology to improve efficiency and minimise maintenance costs.
This role is part of a team that will encompass all aspects of maintenance including heavy maintenance, exams, defects etc. Therefore ensuring that the maintenance plans are robust and that the necessary resources, facilities and materials are available and allocated to deliver the plan. This role will drive and monitor production in the delivery of the plan, and systematically review performance.
This role will develop the necessary tools, visualised data techniques and a clear governance processes to ensure that the planning function is sufficiently robust. Thereby capturing all elements of the fleet which drive availability and that a comprehensive condition status of the fleet is compiled, maintained and utilized in the planning process. This fleet status shall be used to proactively monitor each units condition and, subsequently manage the plan, the unit workload and provide reports to the customer.
This role when required will also be accountable for planning the workload for the outstations and managing the train diagramming process effectively to ensure that the units are delivered at the required location.
• Drive, and monitor production in the delivery of the plan and systematically review delivery failures to ensure the necessary lessons are learnt, and adopted to prevent repeat failures.
• Actively govern the works order raising, WIP and closure processes to ensure that a both a timely and accurate reflection of the Fleet is displayed through Maximo in real-time, and visually reported within the Operational Control.
• Ensure adequate communication and agree with the customer to ensure that the diagrams are agreed, and aligned with the resource constraints of the platform operational model. This position will take overall responsibility for the asset management and configuration control.
• Drive change by installing a robust culture, which will improve efficiency, processes and teamwork, reducing costs and or introducing enhancements which bring operational benefits, whilst maintaining excellent customer service. Be an enabler for effective data and scenarios that bill improve our bid accuracy and drive the cost down.
• Motivate and lead the core team to ensure deadlines are met and efficiencies are driven so that the new trains can be accepted and delivered into operation Service with minimal transition and customer impact.
• Engineering background and education in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
• Ideally rail industry experience with an operational background within a depot
• Team coordination experience
• Problem solving and developing solutions
• Computer literate
• Knowledge MS Project is an advantage (for milestone and progress tracking purposes)
• Working in and under a highly pressurised environment
• Communication and presentation skills
• Very good English language skills, both written and spoken
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Posting date: 24.10.2016
Closing date: 23.11.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37