Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
The role of the Pjobs IT Technician is to provide an expert level of IT support for all end user devices including PC's, Mobile, Tablet, etc. and to resolve all technical incidents and requests across all supported sites.
A good working knowledge of infrastructure components including virtual servers, enterprise storage systems and networking will also be required.
The successful candidate will be able to gain SC, carry out complex technical tasks, and have the knowledge and skills to confidently deal with both internal and external customers, offering suitable advice across a variety of situations.
The role is based in SAI and has and interface into Group & Support Services IT in the UK. Working regularly with MOD Auditors who will conduct network & systems audits which result in programmes of work is also a key facet of the role as well as discreet projects such as office moves all within the secure environment.
- Supports the management team in business wide service improvement plans and technical refresh/remediation plans.
- Supports the planning and implementation of strategic plans.
- Carry out Root Cause Analysis activities.
- Applies effective personal time management and planning to ensure all duties and activities are completed in a timely manner, proactively notifying others of any changes to completion times/dates.
- Forward-plans and schedules meetings and engagements to ensure high attendance.
- Plans and prioritises tasks and activities such that regular attendance is maintained at Operational and Team meetings and other key or mandatory meetings.
- Work with the management team to design the cost and pricing structure for solutions provided to the end customer though in house or 3rd Party resource.
- Assist in the production of quotes and solution pricing for the business.
- Assist in the delivery of the departmental budgets by highlighting cost savings where identified, and ensuring that all works are priced correctly and delivered efficiently and effectively Keeps accurate time and attendance records including time-recording for Projects.
- Performs effective resolution of incidents and requests assigned by the Service Desk, ensuring that timely updates are provided and that any Service Level Agreements are met.
- Liaises with vendors and suppliers in the escalation process for major incidents.
- Provide input that supports the Service Managers in the management of 3rd party suppliers, technical architects and internal business units.
- Identifies key issues and risk elements and escalates promptly to the management team.
- Supports all project work as required.
- Adherence to all company and departmental process and procedures.
- Create technical knowledge articles where possible and documents fixes and workarounds.
- Hardware support and operating system support.
- Provides Active Directory and server support including administration and configuration of a virtual estate.
- Support and configuration of network switches, mobile devices and 'agreed' systems and applications.
- Implement technical installations and testing according to design documentation and project planning
- Responds to requests for support in a timely manner and according to agreed SLAs and procedures.
- Ensures users and stakeholders are fully informed of progress and that corrective action is taken to avoid delays.
- Provide advice and support to both internal and external customers in order to deliver a high standard of customer care.
- Demonstrate a professional and flexible attitude to ensure that customer expectations are met.
- Proactively notifies customers and stakeholders of any deviation from agreed plans, activities and tasks.
- Works with MOD Accreditors and audit teams as and when required.
What we are looking for
Essential Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience across multiple technology disciplines including Windows desktop and server operating systems, desktop and server hardware maintenance, Active Directory, Email, Vmware, NetApp Storage, Cisco networks and backup technologies.
- Experience within a mature Shared Service or Commercial IT Services operation.
- Excellent customer focus with a service-orientated approach.
- Strong communicator both written and verbal.
- An eye for technical detail and a "completer/finisher".
- Methodical and self-disciplined with flexibility and a willingness to learn new skills.
- Basic Health and Safety awareness to ensure a safe working environment at all times.
- Experience of creating technical documents and Knowledge base solutions.
- Willingness to travel to other Interserve/Customer sites.
- Must already possess or meet criteria to obtain MOD SC.
Desirable Technical Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Professional (MCSA or MCSE) Certification or equivalent in the relevant field of expertise.
- ITIL trained to Foundation level as a minimum.
- Experience operating in a change control, configuration management and secure environments.
- Ability to competently act as the technical point contact of escalation for incidents.
- The ability to investigate potential future technologies and solutions that may be of benefit.
- Experience of using Project Management, Time Recording and Service Management Toolsets
FTC Duration 27 month tour
Hours worked per week 47.5
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.