Hourly Rate Bands £10.01 - £11.00 Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
Reporting into the Security Manager, you will control the operation and duties of all Security Staff. You will be responsible for assisting and escalating incidents ensuring all necessary communications are delivered efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure a professional, efficient and approachable security service is maintained and a high level of customer service is provided to staff, visitors and the client at all times.
- Manage and oversea any rostering of shifts.
- Carryout regular reviews with the staff.
- Carry out internal and external patrols
- Flexible approach with the ability to work in various different contract wide locations / positions including A&E, Patrolling, Mental Health Suite and any other location deemed appropriate by the Duty Security Supervisor or management.
- As part of the Security Team, undertake and assist with regular testing of fire alarms and other security equipment.
- Monitor and respond immediately to alarm system activations to check designated areas of concern.
- 'Bed watch' duties which in some circumstances may involve looking after the welfare of patients and ensuring it is managed accordingly for the protection of staff and other patients.
- Respond to requests for assistance and where necessary assist in the removal or escort of members of the public from the building where their behaviour is disruptive or presents a risk to others.
- Protect the client's property against fraud, theft and premises against criminal damage.
- Produce clear, logical and well-written operational reports to required timeframes.
- Support IFM and Site Management Teams in identifying and implementing service improvements.
- To build relationships with internal and external customers to enhance the security provision.
- To be fully conversant with all changes in the building and to ensure information is passed upwards.
- Maintaining safety and security through the operation of the integrated security systems, including access control, CCTV and various alarm systems.
- Report building maintenance and H&S issues to the Duty Supervisor.
- Report information relating to building issues and maintenance requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Provide an immediate response in the event of any major / minor incidents, ranging from responding to medical incidents, panic alarm, fire alarm activations / evacuations and crisis response in a timely and effective manner.
- Ensure that all keys, passes and any other relevant items / equipment are signed out and in via the correct register.
- Ensure that any lost property is securely stored, recorded and retrieved for the owner where appropriate.
- Maintain all security related equipment and working areas to a high standard of cleanliness and safety and ensure all defects are reported.
- Any other admin duties that are deemed necessary or commensurate with the position
- Communicate any issues that may affect operational effectiveness of the team.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Duty Supervisor, the Security Manager, IFM and the Duty Manager
What we are looking for
- Valid SIA Security or Door Supervisors Licence (Essential)
- Valid SIA CCTV Licence (Desirable)
- Excellent conflict management skills (Essential)
- Have a good understanding of H&S issues (Essential)
- Previous hospital security experience (Preferred)
- Previous supervisory experience in a similar environment (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral (Essential)
- Proven working knowledge of MS Office (Essential)
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills (Essential)
- Previous experience in a customer service role (Essential)
- Good understanding of emergency procedures (Essential)
- Previous experience in managing incidents and emergency situations (Essential)
- Experience of working within a team (Essential)
- First Aid at Work beneficial but not essential as training may be provided
- Proactive and professional approach to security
- High degree of self motivation and dedication to achieving excellence
- Ability to operate in a pressurised environment with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and task prioritisation skills
- Hourly rate: £10.61 per hour
- Full and part time vacancies available
- Ranges of Days, nights and weekends (0700 hrs - 1900 hrs and 1900 hrs - 0700 hrs)
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.