Requisition ID: |
Senior Outside Plant (OSP) Engineer The work location for this position is Smyrna, GA. The Senior OSP Engineers areresponsible for direct supervision of the group doing the detailed design of all civil elements of the telecommunications network. In addition to being responsible for the detailed design tasks outlined for the OSP engineer, they arealso responsible for the following:
- Perform all necessary contact and coordination with each utility to accurately define the position, depth, and configuration of each utility in relationship to the network element design.
- Perform all necessary contact with each local jurisdiction and permitting agencies to determine permitting requirements and ensure that the network design and all documents satisfy these requirements.
Basic Qualifications (Candidates must meet all basic qualifications to be considered)
- A minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in the design of telecommunication networks/infrastructure with three (3) years of work experience in OSP engineering design OR BS engineering degree with a minimum of seven (7) years engineering design experience with three (3) years in design of telecommunications networks
- Must have the right to work and remain in the US without visa sponsorship
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Progressive work experience in FTTH
- Desktop automation skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Previous Bechtel Communications experience
- Professional Engineering (PE) License
- Willingness to accept field assignment in North America to support FTTH projects.
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, procurement, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right- no matter how big, how complex or how remote. The reliability of our performance, the enduring quality of our projects, the strength of our ethics, and the seriousness of our commitment to safety and sustainability are evident in everything we do. Bechtel delivers for its customers what others can only promise.
Build your career as you build some of the most challenging and complex projects in the world today.
Bechtel is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE).