|Job Ref:||CA_38972_740926||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Smethwick||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:04|
Purpose of Role
Midland Metropolitan Hospital project worth circa £430 million located on a 16-acre brownfield site in Grove Lane, Smethwick, is expected to provide capacity for around 81,500 inpatients and 115,000 outpatients every year.
The new seven-storey hospital will have approximately 670 beds and 15 operating theatres. Innovative design features include an enclosed Winter Garden, car parking within the hospital building on the ground and first floors to create a secure environment for both patients and staff and full separation of clinical activities and journeys from the public and non-clinical services.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be part of the internal fit out team responsible for the procurement and management of over £30m of fit out packages at the Midland Metropolitan Hospital NA must have experience in similar role within Building sector and will hold relevant qualifications.
Responsible for assisting in the effective commercial practices within a project ensuring:
• Information is available for timely and accurate applications for payment.
• Adherence to Risk Management processes and procedures
• Drafting of contractual correspondence
• Preparation of accurate and prudent cost /value analysis
• Budget preparation
• Interim and Final account measurement – site measurement and drawing take off
• Pricing and Rating variations and compensation events
• Extension of Time
• Interim payment and final account agreement of sub-contracts
• Ensuring good quality and accurate records are kept
• Maintenance of cost information.
• Verification and agreement of Sundry Accounts
• To assist in the production of Project Procurement Strategy Documentation
• To assist in the production of Project Value Enhancement Plans
• To ensure the effective performance management and development of his/her direct reports, and the
effective organisation of everyone working directly for them.
Additional Role Information
• Company vehicle & fuel card
• 26 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more holidays once you have been with a for a short while
• BUPA Healthcare Insurance (single cover with option to 'trade up' to cover your family)
• Pension Plan
• Carillion 'Thank You' Scheme, which offers flexible, tax efficient benefits such as child care vouchers, cycle to work scheme & discounts on high street brands