Your new company |
Leading multidisciplinary in Birmingham.
Your new role
To manage town planning activities relating to HS2 project. Town Planning Managers will lead leading on the negotiation and submission of planning consent applications, and provide advice on a range of legislative, development and planning policy related issues. 6-12 months contract, likely to be longer.
What you'll need to succeed
Knowledge, skills, experience
- Engage with local planning authorities on town planning matters associated with planning consent submissions, and hybrid Bill related processes.
- Assist in the programming, preparation, review and submission of Schedule 17 requests for approval working with engineering and environment teams, consultants and contractors as required.
- Engage with relevant planning authorities on any early works packages (prior to the hybrid Bill being enacted) or works outside of Bill limits, including advising on DCO/TWAO/TCPA processes and programme and risk implications associated with these.
- Develop the planning consents register for enabling and main works contract award and prepare context reports which describe the works, planning submissions and programme in each planning authority area.
- Support the with emerging business needs, for example assisting in design panel reviews, local technical engagement panels , local public engagement activities, and assisting in production of technical or specialist reports.
- Town planning degree or equivalent, with membership of the RTPI, or other related professional membership.
- Significant town planning experience ideally gained through infrastructure planning, dealing with major applications or appeals under the Planning Acts, Transport and Works Act Orders, hybrid Bill, IPC or DCO in the public and/or private sector.
- Proven experience of working and building successful relationships with multidisciplinary teams, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge of UK planning processes, and evolving planning policy environment.
What you'll get in return
12 month contract up to £400 per day
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.