|Job Ref:||204377851||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Cambridge||Address:||Post Code:||CB1||Salary:||£25000/annum pension, life assurance, discounts||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:07|
Cambridge based £25k, , 4 days on / on 4 days off rota |
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding company who are one of the country's largest privately owned companies.
If you have worked in a transport/fleet/motor trade environment in the past and want to work on a flexible shift pattern (4 days on, 4 days off) then this could be your next career move as a hands-on supervisor!
As Fleet Services Supervisor / Controller you will be responsible for the following:
Managing the scheduling of vehicles for service and repair work whilst controlling costs, efficiency, quality and customer service objectives (KPI's).
Using a variety of systems to progress the activities of suppliers/internals from initiation to completion ensuring comprehensive information is captured accurately and jobs are prepared for invoice as soon as possible whilst ensuring VOR downtime is kept to a minimum.
• Ensuring your own and Fleet Services Advisors day-to-day activities on both planned and adhoc jobs are carried out efficiently with the aim of minimising customer vehicle down time.
• Delivering exceptional customer service across the zone by achieving on-time delivery, product excellence and adherence to customer requirements.
• Maintaining good working relationships with existing customers to promote long term partnerships
• Building close working relationships with the internal suppliers to promote co-operation and ensure utilisation and optimisation of work allocation.
• Maintaining good working relationships with local suppliers to promote value for money and long term mutually beneficial partnerships.
• Validating service and MOT documentation, authorising on-going jobs within agreed authorisation limits, ensure you and team are operating within all legal, legislative and company policies.
• Providing technical support/training to the Fleet Services Advisors and support in the development of the team.
• Ensuring compliance with ISO9001 quality standards and TKE PTE accreditation
• Customer facing experience in a leadership role within the automotive industry.
• Coaching style management skills essential to develop new team.
• Sound technical understanding of fleet vehicles and transport industry.
• Relationship building skills both internally and externally.
• IT literate with ability to utilise software such as Excel and Kerridge/Epyx to analyse information.
• Ability to communicate information clearly both verbally and in writing.
• Commercial awareness and ability to understand P&L.
• An accurate and efficient working style with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise and multitask
• Experience controlling costs and dealing with suppliers to maximise profit