|Job Ref:||204712639||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Hoddesdon||Address:||Post Code:||EN11||Salary:||£45000 - £50000/annum||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:35|
Engineering Manager - Energy from Waste Gasification|
Up to £50,000 + Benefits
Astute Technical Recruitment are working with an international market leader within the Engineering industry who have recently moved into the Energy from Waste sector.
We are looking for an Engineering Manager for their Gasification Power Plant, located in Hertfordshire just North of the M25.
This plant utilises Gasification Technology, combined with a Steam Turbine, to generate 10MWe which is enough to power around 7,000 homes. As an Energy from Waste plant using Refuse Derived Fuel, the plant will also be reducing approximately 90,000 Tonnes of waste from heading to a landfill on an annual basis.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Engineering Manager duties will include:
* Strategic, day to day management and supervision of all Maintenance related activities on site, from Planning of works and Co-Ordination of the Maintenance Department to ensure maximum plant availability.
* Implementing a PPM (Pre-Planned Maintenance) System and developing the sites CMMS system whilst ensuring safe and efficient plant operation
* Planning and managing equipment and plant outages/shutdowns
* Overall responsibility of the maintenance departments budget
* Developing out of hours' maintenance cover
* Manage and control maintenance sub-contractors
* Liaising with the General (Plant) Manager, Operations Manager, QHSE Manager and other relevant staff regarding projects, maintenance, outages, costing and programming of plant improvements/projects
* Working with the General Manager and Operations Manager in the recruitment of an O&M team
* Deputising for the General Manager and Operations Manager when required
If you have initial interest in the role, please get in touch and we can talk you through the position in more detail.
In order to be considered for this fantastic opportunity it's important you meet certain criteria including:
* At least five years Supervisory/Management in a maintenance/engineering role on a Power Station. This can include Energy from Waste, CCGT, Coal or Biomass.
* Experienced Royal Navy Marine Engineers would also be relevant for this role
* HND/HNC or above, in a relevant Engineering discipline with Electrical, Mechanical, or Control & Instrument skills
* H&S qualification such as IOSH or NEBOSH with knowledge of Environmental Permits and Safe Working Environments
* Experience of managing budgets and in the training and development of staff
* Experienced in managing maintenance teams, shift rotas, resource planning etc.
* Steam Raising experience
To apply for this exciting opportunity simply send a copy of your up to date CV and covering letter or alternatively you can call (Apply online only) and speak to Dan Grosvenor or Steve Utton who can tell you more
Astute Technical Recruitment Limited are acting as an employment agency in relation to this vacancy. We do not discriminate on the grounds of age, race, gender, disability, creed or sexual orientation and comply with all relevant UK legislation. We encourage applications from individuals from all backgrounds but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK