|Job Ref:||204710278||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||City of London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £50000/annum company car||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:30|
Job Title: Project Manager - Fire Detection|
Skills: Project Manager Fire and Security
Salary £40K - £45K negotiable, Company Vehicle, Bonuses & Full Benefits
Location : London
Our client is a well established fire and security company dedicated to providing quality life safety and information systems.
They offer expertise in system design, provision and aftercare of:
* Fire Detection and Alarm
* Fire Suppression
* Public address/Voice Alarm
* Addressable Auto-Test Emergency Lighting
* Security Systems
* Access Control
* Loop Induction (for the hard of hearing)
* Call Systems
* Site-wide monitoring/control networks and PC based graphics.
The effective project management of selected projects and contracts for a major project in the City of London, in line with the Company's quality and customer service standards for Fire Detection, PA/VA, Disabled Refuge, Access Control, CCTV, Intruder, Disabled toilet Alarms and Induction Loops
* Manage selected Projects/contracts activities and assist in developing appropriate strategies for maximising project profitability and delivery.
* Ensure selected Projects/contracts are compliant with the Company's Quality Policy in line with BN EN ISO 9001:2000 approval.
* Ensure selected Projects/contracts are compliant with the Company's LPS1014 Policy.
* To maintain profitable methods and systems for achieving optimum Project performance.
* Ensure that new contracts are reviewed fully prior to start, that a full programme and job file is prepared and that a pre-start induction is held when required.
* Ensure that selected Project/contracts are undertaken in an organised manner and that drawings, O&M manuals and final accounts are prepared accurately and on time.
* Ensure that all applications on sub-contract works are completed before the application date, or end of the month, whichever is the earliest.
* Ensure the company Job Costing System -Focal Point - is updated and maintained on a weekly basis.
* Attend site meetings as and when required.
* Ensure all maintenance details are forwarded to the relevant person for quotation.
* Assist with technical support and evaluations of quotations as instructed by the RPM.
* To promote the Company and its core values and behaviours both internally & externally.
* Operate in accordance with the Company Handbook and all Company and customer's quality standards and health and safety requirements.
* Discuss any suggestions for system/service improvement with the Senior Contracts Manager.
* Attend training sessions identified by the Company and identify and communicate to the Regional Project Manager any personal training and development needs.
* Attend the office on a regular basis to better enable project paperwork and facilitate better working relationships.
Key Competencies of experienced jobholder
* Broad Knowledge across Fire and Security Products.
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to deal with customers, end-users, construction personnel and in-house staff in a professional manner.
* Project management expertise and training
* Excellent ability to forward plan both long term and short term objectives and prioritise workloads and projects to meet agreed targets.
* Able to effectively use project management tools
* Direction and management of commissioning engineers and sub contractors.
* Detailed knowledge of products and market.
* Well developed commercial awareness
* Project management
* Contract Law
* Completed Advanced Design course BFPSA; Commissioning Course BFPSA; Installation Course BFPSA.
* Detailed knowledge of the 16th Edition Electrical Regulations
* Knowledge of the Building Regulations
* Detailed knowledge of all aspects of managing a project from inception through to commissioning.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE EXPERINCED IN PROJECT MANAGEMENT WITHIN THE FIRE & SECURITY INDUSTRY