|Job Ref:||204710390||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dunfermline||Address:||Post Code:||KY11||Salary:||£NEG||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:04|
Facilities Area Manager - AMAZON |
Amazon, as the fastest growing online company in the world and are looking for committed, data driven, and hands-on Facilities Area Managers to assist in the expansion of our Fulfillment Centre Engineering team in Scotland.
A vital part of our mission to satisfy customers worldwide, is our network of state-of-the-art, high tech' automated fulfillment centres. These sites are crammed full with SCADA and PLC controlled equipment ranging from conveyors, automated cranes and sortation machinery, to robotic pick-and-place machinery and Automated Guided Vehicle (AGV) systems that start the delivery of our products to your front door. Sounds cool, right?
Time moves fast at Amazon and we expect our Managers to adapt with it - as a Facilities Area Manager you would lead a team of 25 professional engineers across a shift in a hands-on role where clear, concise and effective communication is key in a pressurised environment. Your management remit would extend to shifts, all site engineering issues, H&S, budgets, projects, stores, recruitment and our people. All this while getting your hands dirty and setting an example on the warehouse floor!
Our sites are operational 24/7, 365 days a year to serve our obsession of keeping customers happy. As such in this role you would work a 12 hour shift pattern including both days, nights and weekends. To compensate for your expertise, skillset, and effort you will be rewarded with competitive benefits package; not to mention the natural career opportunities and development that arise within a company experiencing year on year growth of 30% on average!
To be considered for the Facility Area Manager role you must possess the following attributes -
* Degree or NVQ4 in a relevant Engineering discipline or served a full engineering indentured apprenticeship including significant practical engineering experience with the management of a varied and highly skilled team of technicians.
* Experience of automated equipment including packaging machinery, sortation and conveyor systems.
* Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
* Change management experience and Project Implementation experience.
* Superior communications skills at all levels. Excellent English communication skills (written & verbal).
* Experience of working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
* Excellent customer facing skills / customer focus.
* Able to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
* In depth engineering knowledge and willingness to train and learn new skills.
* Proven ability to operate in extreme high pressure situations, successfully handle multiple competing priorities and possess a high level of discipline while displaying a high degree of flexibility and professionalism.
To find out more about the position of the Facility Area Manager please contact Karolina Kosiedowska on (Apply online only) or (url removed)
Retinue Solutions is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Retinue Solutions is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy