|Job Ref:||204710462||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Newton Aycliffe||Address:||Post Code:||DL5||Salary:||£27000 - £31000/annum||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:04|
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer|
An opportunity exists at the Newton Aycliffe plant for a multi skilled, Maintenance Engineer - Electrical bias. The position will operate on a 3-shift basis.
The position has been arisen following a resignation.
Key activities will involve:
- As a member of the Maintenance Team you will be responsible for both planned and breakdown maintenance of a diverse range of plant and machinery.
- You must be fully trained electrically with good knowledge of relay logic, fault finding, motors and motor control and some PLC knowledge. Some mechanical multi skilling is also required.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise maintenance activities while working on own initiative.
- Capable of diagnosis faults, stripping down and repairing production equipment and supplying feedback to reduce reoccurrence through Root Cause Analysis.
- A flexible approach and the ability to troubleshoot and innovate are pre-requisites of the job.
- Using the Planned Preventative Maintenance system to record work and evaluate/ implement robust engineering fixes.
- Using lockout system and the organizing of permit to work for contractors
The key requirements of the role are:
- Timed-served, multi skilled Engineering qualification.
- Good working knowledge of production processes.
- Good numerical and analytical skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power-point.
- Good communication skills.
- Good understanding of lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Confidence to work independently to timelines for repair.
- The post holder must be flexible and adaptable, available to:
- work shifts including weekends
- work additional hours during certain periods of the year
- work for the annual shutdown periods as required