|Job Ref:||204710979||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Horsham||Address:||Post Code:||RH13||Salary:||£27000 - £30000/annum Pension||Post Date:||21/10/2016 03:37|
Existing service staff in the UK, Germany & USA include: Service Manager, Service Support Manager, Service Support, Junior Service Support, Service Technicians.
This position is ideally suited to those with experience of field service work who would prefer an in house role. You will approximately be 90% in house, 10% out on site.
Essential Qualifications & Skills
Electrical or Electronic Engineering City & Guilds Level 1&2&3 or HNC/HND or Degree (could be Industrial Engineering specialising in Electrical / Electronics)
Previous experience of 3 phase industrial environments.
Computer literate (Word, Excel - intermediate level)
Good customer service communication skills (both written and verbal)
Meticulous, accurate and confident (with the ability to close out)
Must speak clear fluent English (including technical vocabulary)
Free to work in the UK without visa restrictions
Foreign language (any is desirable. The most used languages: German, Spanish, French)
16th and/or 17th Edition qualification.
Knowledge of PCBs & PLCs (up-loading of programmes and interrogation of fault record for trouble shooting).
Knowledge and/or previous experience of a computer software service module - we use Navision MRP.
Current manual driving licence.
Extensive training is provided for all staff. You will be given in house training in production to gain knowledge of our product range, and see the flow of materials from goods in, to assembly (electrical/electronic & mechanical), test (full system testing, analysis & fault finding) and despatch.
You will accompany experience Service Technician's on installations, commissions, tests, service and repair visits.
In house Navision MRP training from department staff.
Other courses as identified and required.
- Customer support through telephone and email. Dealing with issues and problems with customers in a logical and calm manner.
- Planning Service Technicians visits, organising and booking travel arrangements, hotels etc. Liaising with customers to agree time & dates for service visits.
- Briefing Service Technicians prior to scheduled work, liaising with them on site regarding faults, installations and service visits.
- Checking Technicians' time sheets against the service staff planner and their site visit reports for accuracy and technical changes to be recorded on the J drive.
- Spare parts administration, identifying parts required, producing quotations, and converting quotes into orders.
- Electrical fault diagnosis, reading electrical related drawings, wiring diagrams circuit diagrams, logical approach to fault diagnosis required.
- Mechanical fault diagnosis, reading 2D and 3D mechanical drawings understanding measurements and tolerances.
- Software - Understanding different types of HMI, PLC and dedicated controllers, being able to communicate with others to operate from afar.
- Collection of commissioning information and release codes, updating the database accordingly.
- Visiting customer sites both in UK and overseas (sometimes at short notice) when required.
- Using your foreign language capability to speak to relevant customers