|Job Ref:||204711112||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St. Albans||Address:||Post Code:||AL1||Salary:||£25000 - £35000/annum Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:29|
A respected regional based contractor is currently seeking a permanent Assistant Quantity Surveyor for their roads projects in and around St Albans, Hertfordshire. |
The project work consists of viaduct, road refurbishment and general infrastructure on projects valued at circa £20m.
Within this role you would be responsible for, but not limited to, any of the following;
* Support the project team in all commercial matters
* Liaise with the site teams and take the lead with contract administration, including record keeping.
* Ensure timely submission of valuations
* Ensure cash flow is maximised including ensuring payments are received on time
* Ensure the accurate and timely evaluation and agreement of final quantities, revised and additional items, rates and compensation events
* Previous surveying or experience of working within a commercially focused environment
* Previously worked as an Assistant Quantity Surveyor
* Experience using NEC form of contract is highly desirable
* Must be flexible and able to work as part of a team and using own initiative
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to use a range of IT packages including Microsoft Office and bespoke packages
* Literate and Numerate
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a respected contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates. The client offers a competitive salary, great package and a competitive referral scheme.
If you are seeking a fresh challenge with a progressive company, apply now using the button below
CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities