|Job Ref:||160003CK||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Country:||United States||County/State:||Tennessee||City:||Nashville||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 03:05|
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs. |
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community, and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Typical Duties and Tasks:
• Monitors import/export laws and regulations related to licenses and registrations required to operate and potentially apply Customs benefits in the country of assignment; communicates important changes to relevant laws and regulations; reviews license and registration applications and supporting data; prepares and reviews documentation needed to support compliance in the assigned geography.
• Maintains a strong understanding of local laws, regulations and/or processes related to import/export licensing, registration, and filings; communicates important changes of relevant laws, regulations and/or processes to the business units.
• Manages, audits, reviews, and reconciles relevant data for the assigned geography.
• Monitors import/export activity for all business units in the assigned geography; reviews and presents management reports on import/export activities.
• Understands compliance requirements in assigned geography; may develop new processes for collecting and analyzing data required for efficient operations and tasks.
• Reviews applications for licenses, registrations and potential applicable benefits in the country of assignment; responds to non-routine questions and issues from various stakeholders; acts as a point of escalation for non-routine problems.
• Contributes to process improvements as a team member.
• Builds and maintains strong relationships with appropriate governmental organizations in the country of assignment.
• Alerts the organization to any limits or restrictions the company is nearing to ensure ongoing compliance and ability to support business needs.
• Provides guidance and direction on problems and issues;
• Executes team processes and delegates work assignments considering employee skills and development needs.
• Analyze Issues - Gathers relevant information systematically; considers a broad range of issues or factors; grasps complexities and perceives relationships among problems or issues; seeks input from others; uses accurate logic in analyses.
• Develops Systems And Processes - Identifies and implements effective processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
• Manage Execution - Assigns responsibilities; delegates to and empowers others; removes obstacles; allows for and contributes needed resources; coordinates work efforts when necessary; monitors progress.
• Customs Items Classification (Including Hs And Export Controls) - Knowing items Customs classifications as well as the applicable implications of a code determination. It includes export controls codes determination
• Customs Compliance Continuous Improvement And Control - Knowing compliance improvement and control within Trade Compliance. It includes advisory, auditing, quality control and continuous improvement skills. Customs
• Procedures & Compliance - Knowing customs regulations, how import codes affect the duties paid, what the value added tax (VAT) is for the countries, and the regulations are in association with the VAT. Know how to expedite and track a shipment through customs Understanding the governmental regulations to maintain compliance and retain trade privileges.
• Attention To Details - This skill involves paying attention to all the details of what is communicated, either written, orally, or presented. Double-checks work to verify all steps are completed. Able to break down requirements to task level to enable accomplishment. Achieves thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved. Provides accurate, consistent information on all documents. Provides information in a useable form and on a timely basis to others who need to act on it. Maintains a checklist, schedule, calendar, etc. to ensure that small details are not overlooked.
• Work requires little or no checking. Writes down important details in messages or communications so the details are not lost or forgotten.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
• College, university, or equivalent degree required.
• Excellent Written Communication and Process Mapping Skills
• Program Management Experience Preferred
• Ability to Effectively Collaborate with Managers to Develop, Record and Monitor Operational Strategies
• Excellent Organization Skills Required
• Ability to Forward Think for Efficiency and Effectiveness
• Self-Efficient & Task Driven
• Goal Completion Oriented
• Previous Trade Compliance Experience (Customs Broker, Importer or Freight Forwarder) Preferred
• This position can be based in either Nashville, TN or Memphis, TN
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.
Cummins uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit company website .