|Job Ref:||204713360||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Manchester||Address:||Post Code:||M13||Salary:||£50000/annum circa + benefits||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:31|
Commercial Manager - Manchester - £50,000 pa plus benefits|
In line with their recent growth and ambitious business plan, our client are looking for a Commercial Manager (for a newly created position) to represent their existing procurement team and look to develop the commercial side of the business. With ownership of the quotation and bid process and tendering and procurement elements of the business, this is a key role to underpin the development of the company. The client is a specialist in design and FF&E within the education, healthcare, commercial and residential sectors.
A challenging and varied role the Commercial Manager's responsibilities will also include, but not be limited to, the following:
* Working with the sales team, project team and client, to formulate project briefs and prepare quotations and scope and fees. Adhering to a 48 hour internal / external SLA.
* To own and expedite the bid and tender phase of each contract.
* To develop the tendering and procurement systems and protocols to ensure a preferred partner offering to all of our clients and supply chain.
* Working with the project teams and operations manager, formulate commercial plans that identify activities necessary, protect the company from risks and enhance the profitability of contracts.
* Alongside the operations manager, review the commercial performance of project ensuring that the team successfully achieves defined objectives.
* Manage and carry out monthly commercial project reviews.
* To work with the Operations and Finance Manager to ensure contract costs are monitored, controlled and reviewed against agreed budgets and that cost information is accurately reported.
* To develop all relevant procedures to ensure full knowledge of inception, completion and financial status of projects.
* Working with the Operations manager and Finance manager, advise and assist in the preparation and agreement of interim valuation and final accounts.
* Ensure commercial practices and procedures are carried out and internal procedures are maintained.
* Build and maintain high level customer relationships.
* Be actively involved in the management of the on-going financial aspects of subcontracts ensuring subcontract terms and conditions are outlined and adhered to.
* Direct and advice on all matters of dispute resolution as required.
* Manage and lead a team to their full potential (focused on the procurement team).
Our client are looking for a like-minded, ambitious, experienced Commercial Manager to join their management team.
The successful candidate will have a Quantity Surveying background gained from within the traditional construction environment.
Degree educated, the successful candidate will ideally be Chartered, although this is not essential, the candidate will have strong NEC and JCT contract experience.
Very commercially focused, the candidate will have strong multi-level communication skills, stakeholder management experience and will be a team player.
A salary of around £50,000 pa plus benefits is on offer for this position. The successful candidate will also, in the longer term, have the opportunity to progress and become Commercial Director.
To apply for this position please click apply now