|Job Ref:||204713394||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Essex||Address:||Post Code:||SS14||Salary:||£30000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||22/10/2016 02:36|
As a result of a significant investment in our client's highway network, and on-going commitment to provide the best service to all stakeholders, our client has a number of opportunities for Highways Agents and Sub-Agents to join their major highways term maintenance contract on a permanent basis.|
Please note, the salaries for the roles will not be disclosed online and are negotiable, so please apply / make contact for more information.
Standard working hours are 40 per week.
The post holder will be responsible for delivery of an annual programme of works within the Capital Maintenance Programme. They will be required to plan and manage the delivery of projects to meet organisational and customer / stakeholder requirements.
They will be responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on time, at the required quality and to budget, together with the necessary communication and consultation requirements of the scheme.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To work with team members to deliver capital funded maintenance and improvement projects
* To co-ordinate and integrate resources to deliver a project or programme, utilising internal staff, shareholder resources, external consultants and contractors as required.
* Liaison with client, stakeholders and third parties where necessary
* Liaise with other team members associated with the design of the allocated schemes
* Provide guidance and assistance to junior members of the team
* Maintain accurate records on the allocated projects
* Ensure all projects comply with health and safety regulations and CDM requirements
* To ensure that all financial information is accurate, checked and available for internal reporting requirements and inclusion within applications.
* Have responsibility for ensuring Supply Chain Partners deliver to agreed standards.
* To establish and maintain effective relationships with other stakeholders, agencies, authorities and suppliers, and work with them to establish new and improved ways of working ensuring that value for money is delivered.
* Manage the production and regular updating of cost forecasts
* Ensure all necessary construction related Quality Management and Health and Safety documentation is prepared and adhered to.
* To provide clear and effective leadership and line management of team to ensure that staff are aware of their objectives, motivated and that productivity is maximised. The individual and team performances to be regularly monitored to ensure staff are developed positively and performance is managed to ensure staff reach their full potential.
* Promote and support Equality & Diversity activities
* Promote Health, Safety and Environment.
To find out more about this role, please contact Blayne Cahill on (Apply online only).
To apply for this role, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK