|Job Ref:||204710333||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West Region||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 03:38|
This National Tier one Civil Engineering Contractor who have been working within the Highways & Infrastructure sector for over 100 years' are currently looking for a Project Planner for a £60m+ project within the North West. The ideal candidate will specialise in being able to deliver the scheme from ECI through to competition.
Working within the Planning team the planner will be working alongside the project team to produce schedules of work on Major Civil Engineering Projects.
* The preparation and development of effective project planning schedules
and project controls using Primavera P6 and associated planning
* The preparation, development and maintenance of effective project
reporting tools following established company processes and best
* Supporting Project Managers and Project Engineers in the delivery of
projects to schedule by providing comprehensive information utilising a
range of planning and reporting tools and techniques.
* Through effective communication, assist Team Leaders with managing
team performance and take necessary corrective action to ensure
commitments made are delivered.
* Develop and maintain client relationships in order to obtain steady growth
of planning services supplied directly to external clients.
* Ensure that the quality of the service provided is continuously being
developed and improved.
* Apply procedures and systems to ensure the safety of staff, and others,
affected by the operations of the client.
* Any other reasonable duties as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
* HNC or degree educated in Civil Engineering
* Primavera P6 planning software competency
* Experience of working in a major highways project environment
* Ability to scrutinise design information and provide value adding input to
ensure the optimum solutions are developed for the construction phase