|Job Ref:||204710681||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£40000 - £60000/annum Plus Additional Package||Post Date:||24/10/2016 10:32|
Our client is a genuine market leader in the Specialist Drylining, Suspended Ceilings and Partitioning market. Operating across a wide range of sectors across London & Home Counties on projects up to £10m. The Company has a healthy order book of ongoing and upcoming projects, which are secured largely in London and the Home Counties, with client lead projects occasionally further afield.|
The group now require a planner / programmer to take a lead role in centralising the Companies' project programs and labour plans.
Key Duties of a Project Planner (But Not Limited To)
- To provide program and labour histogram support to the estimating department at tender stage.
- To take a lead role across the Company projects, in developing and updating construction programs.
- To take ownership of all planning and programing requirements using best practice methods.
- To review sub-contractor schedules and schedule risk analysis.
- To produce progress/program reports in conjunction with project teams & client requirements.
- To produce look-ahead programs and highlight critical paths & linked KPI's.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must be IT literate, and fully conversant with Excel, Word, MS Project, Asta or other similar programing software.
- Have operational experience along with significant experience of programing in the construction industry.
- Have the ability to be a methodical thinker, capable of motivating yourself and others to meet specific deadlines.
- Have a knowledge of project planning processes and the project life cycle.
- Have the ability and confidence to programme & plan commercial projects up to a value of £10m.
- Have a knowledge of procurement processes required for designing and building commercial projects.
- Have the ability to work on your own initiative, and equally at ease integrating with the different project teams.
- Report directly to the Company Operations Directors.
- Good communication skills and presentable appearance.
- Relevant CSCS card holder.
If you are looking for a new, fresh challenge within a leading contractor, please forward your CV across to Carl Tipping for initial review